Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Wilder has left Sheffield United...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Loving it how some assume that changing the manager automatically changes a player's mindset. Tho having said that have little doubt that Billy Reid, given a free rein, would be only too happy to deliver the good news to certain players :lolol:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hmmm - seems he is set to leave today if you believe the BBC.

If so that would be Sheff U & West Brom that have gambled on manager changes maybe saving them (or are the just preparing for life in the Championship?). That leaves us , Fulham & Newcastle hoping that the existing manager is able to save the day. One of the three is going to be left regretting that decision.

But the two who have changed managers are still going down, so why would a club that didn’t change regret sticking with what they’ve got? It’ll just be that they weren’t good enough.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yeah I phrased my first reply really badly.

McBurnie would be excellent here and I'd have loved Berge.

Brewster? Not so much. No better than what we have.

I think my point was that their recruitment team beat us to their "key players" (if you believe posts on here!) so they certainly don't have poor recruitment - just different, in that what was left in the pot provided poor squad players and the nucleus of the League One side.

Potter didn't have much enthusiasm for McBurnie and I wouldn't want him here. Bit of an oddball type, looks and dresses eccentric, allegedly as likely to be playing video games the night before a big match as getting a good night sleep. No evidence this season that he could do a job for us any more than what we have.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Potter didn't have much enthusiasm for McBurnie and I wouldn't want him here. Bit of an oddball type, looks and dresses eccentric, allegedly as likely to be playing video games the night before a big match as getting a good night sleep. No evidence this season that he could do a job for us any more than what we have.

Well we certainly can’t have footballers dressing strangely can we? The next thing you know they’ll be wrapping their sports cars in inappropriate colours and living in houses that are large but barely tasteful. Personally I long for the days when they all had to arrive at the ground in a jacket and tie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here