Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton new Ghana manager

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Getting a very hard time after some poor results including a draw against Madagascar. AFCON qualification looking tricky
Or put another way, undefeated in his three matches since taking over as manager.

Ghana lost to Madagascar before Chris took over, so that can be seen as an improvement especially as Madagascar have also beaten Morocco (ranked 11th in the world) 3-0 this year.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Or put another way, undefeated in his three matches since taking over as manager.

Ghana lost to Madagascar before Chris took over, so that can be seen as an improvement especially as Madagascar have also beaten Morocco (ranked 11th in the world) 3-0 this year.
Just saying, he’s trending on Twitter and those in Ghana don’t seem that impressed, especially starting Andre Ayew who has barely played any football in recent years

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ROI will be looking for a new boss very soon.

TBH that's why I thought this thread was bounced.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Getting a very hard time after some poor results including a draw against Madagascar. AFCON qualification looking tricky
How so? They're still top of their group.

Just not on as many points as Nigeria in their group. :dunky:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
What a lovely man, so controlled and so experienced, I will always be grateful for the part he had with the Albion.

That said, I would say the same about Mr Potter, I am really not sure why some give him grief, he was offered a tidy package with one of Europe's biggest teams.

I am sure Mr. Hughton will tighten their defence as tight as a drum, good luck to him.
Hughton was genuine. Potter playing a role and smoking his own dope.

Hughton principled, Potter learnt about the theory of being principled.

Very different characters hence the different feelings toward them.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Hughton was genuine. Potter playing a role and smoking his own dope.

Hughton principled, Potter learnt about the theory of being principled.

Very different characters hence the different feelings toward them.
It's actually simpler than that... We sacked Hughton, Potter chose to leave. Football fans are like jilted lovers if anyone dares to walk away from them but absolutely fine when we bin off club legends.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
ROI will be looking for a new boss very soon.
Hughton is already the bookies favourite - but I can't see him leaving Ghana until after the African Nations (assuming Ghana qualify). Kenny will probably be gone in September after the games against France and Holland.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Lee Carsley get the job.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hughton is already the bookies favourite - but I can't see him leaving Ghana until after the African Nations (assuming Ghana qualify). Kenny will probably be gone in September after the games against France and Holland.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Lee Carsley get the job.
I wouldn't rule anything out

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not if he read the threads after he was sacked
Maybe my memory is faulty but I seem to remember his sacking being a debate of whether it was the right decision or not rather than people slagging him off personally.

I don't think I've seen anyone have anything but good things to say about Hughton as a person and even when talking about his work with the Albion it has only ever been that those last 6 months were tough and the football dire. The previous four years were and are rightly lauded.

Hughton would get the exact opposite reaction to Potter if he ever brought a team to the Amex.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Maybe my memory is faulty but I seem to remember his sacking being a debate of whether it was the right decision or not rather than people slagging him off personally.

I don't think I've seen anyone have anything but good things to say about Hughton as a person and even when talking about his work with the Albion it has only ever been that those last 6 months were tough and the football dire. The previous four years were and are rightly lauded.

Hughton would get the exact opposite reaction to Potter if he ever brought a team to the Amex.
He would that’s true.
But If he only read the threads around the time of his sacking he probably wouldn’t want to come back after all he did
So many vitriolic posters on here spouting good riddance at the time and lauding Potter as the Messiah.
Anyway - I would love to see him back in some capacity but the manner of his dismissal by the snake Cashworth cannot have been easy for Chris

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He would that’s true.
But If he only read the threads around the time of his sacking he probably wouldn’t want to come back after all he did
So many vitriolic posters on here spouting good riddance at the time and lauding Potter as the Messiah.
Anyway - I would love to see him back in some capacity but the manner of his dismissal by the snake Cashworth cannot have been easy for Chris
Absolute gubbins - show me these supposed threads full of fans slagging him off

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He would that’s true.
I think he knew results hadn't been good leading up to the end of the season.

However, given where Brighton were when he rode into town. In contrast to where they were when he was run out of town. Maybe he thought it a little unfair.

Chris would never use the terminology I just used, and yes he does know that he is held in high regard by the majority of Brighton fans. He knows he kept them in the PL for 2 years with what was for the most part his Championship Promoted Squad. So I think he still sees the overall job he did at Brighton as a very good one.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I think he knew results hadn't been good leading up to the end of the season.

However, given where Brighton were when he rode into town. In contrast to where they were when he was run out of town. Maybe he thought it a little unfair.

Chris would never use the terminology I just used, and yes he does know that he is held in high regard by the majority of Brighton fans. He knows he kept them in the PL for 2 years with what was for the most part his Championship Promoted Squad. So I think he still sees the overall job he did at Brighton as a very good one.
He never really saw eye to eye with Bloom, as at 5,7 he was at least 3 inches taller.
I bet Chris has an iron handshake, that would crush most people's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here