Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton new Ghana manager

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Seemed to take an eternity to get sorted. Was really difficult keeping this to myself. I couldn't even tell my Dad about it for last few weeks . All I said was news will break soon. So then he started asking. Is he going to Cardiff ? Is he going to Huddersfield ? When they came knocking.

Anyway m Glad it's all out now and hope he does well. Tough job though when going through a transition player wise

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Good luck Chris. Intelligent, great values and at a crucial point mastermind of our survival in the Premier league. No, it wasn't very good to watch sometimes, but it was effective and paved the way for Potter and De Zerbi in a constant upward curve which continues to this day. Big shout out also to his brother in arms Liam Rosenior who is now making good progress with previously moribund Hull and seems to have turned Aaron Connolly into a decent footballer again.
Not forgetting he got us in to the Premier League in the first place.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
What a lovely man, so controlled and so experienced, I will always be grateful for the part he had with the Albion.

That said, I would say the same about Mr Potter, I am really not sure why some give him grief, he was offered a tidy package with one of Europe's biggest teams.

I am sure Mr. Hughton will tighten their defence as tight as a drum, good luck to him.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
What a lovely man, so controlled and so experienced, I will always be grateful for the part he had with the Albion.

That said, I would say the same about Mr Potter, I am really not sure why some give him grief, he was offered a tidy package with one of Europe's biggest teams.

I am sure Mr. Hughton will tighten their defence as tight as a drum, good luck to him.
CH left with his pride and dignity intact - and with nothing but good words about the club, despite the fact we sacked him.

Potter buggered off just when things were getting good for us leaving us in the lurch, with snarky words about history lessons, having an 'easy' time here, and boasting how he had bought our best players for us.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
CH left with his pride and dignity intact - and with nothing but good words about the club, despite the fact we sacked him.

Potter buggered off just when things were getting good for us leaving us in the lurch, with snarky words about history lessons, having an 'easy' time here, and boasting how he had bought our best players for us.
I think that is harsh on Mr Potter, it's not like he went to a smaller club like Crystal Palace.
Glenn Murray was welcomed back by most and some would say he did the unforgivable.
I forgive Graham and wish him well with all the exiles, if they don't want to play for us and feel they are upgrading that's ok with me..........of course as long as we get a fat sum for them.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Get in, come on Chris and Ghana!! My favourite ever Albion manager. Never forget that he did what others couldn't.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Liam Rosenior who is now making good progress with previously moribund Hull and seems to have turned Aaron Connolly into a decent footballer again.
Love this quote from him about Connolly "I've known him since he was 16 and I know what he is capable of. He is an angry fellow and you have to know how to manage him to get the best out of him."

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
One of our finest ever managers. A gentleman too. Good luck Chris. Sounds like quite an adventure, hope he has a great time.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Footage of Chris Hughton's official unveiling as head coach of Ghana.

I always felt that he would end up managing a national side - just expected it to be Ireland. He takes over the national team of the country where his father is from.

Wishing him every success

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Getting a very hard time after some poor results including a draw against Madagascar. AFCON qualification looking tricky

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here