• Give it another 10 games (again)

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Always thought he was the right man!

Votes: 81 47.6%

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's worth remembering this comment if we find ourselves playing unattractive, unadventurous football and 15th or 16th in the Premier league this time next season and struggling but still above the bottom 3. Hughton is a pragmatist first and foremost. He seems to do what needs to be done first and foremost, then thinks about improving from a position of relative security.

With that in mind, I hope our fans aren't on his back next season if we do make it to the top division.
In that case may I put on record now that I will be very happy if we are 15th. or 16th. in the PL this time next year!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Is there any way to see which posters voted for what in this poll ? The one that interests me the most is the one person who said ''Nay''

My first suspicion would have fallen on Ernest but I actually think that even he has been WON ROUND. In fact I think I even saw a post where said that no one refers to CH as DULLARD any more. And that's coming from Ernest, the man who invented the word DULLARD for Chris to begin with

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is there any way to see which posters voted for what in this poll ? The one that interests me the most is the one person who said ''Nay''

My first suspicion would have fallen on Ernest but I actually think that even he has been WON ROUND. In fact I think I even saw a post where said that no one refers to CH as DULLARD any more. And that's coming from Ernest, the man who invented the word DULLARD for Chris to begin with

It has to be set up as a public poll by the OP. It should have been if you ask me. My guess is either one of the Palace goons or someone who clicked the wrong button on an ipad :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wouldn't say I back him 100% but you can't moan too much when the results are going our way. I still don't like his style of play, too many long balls. So I would like that to change.

Yeh, we should stick to round ones, eh?
Or in your world ones that can't stand being kicked hard, and always just get rolled to and fro, side to side, comfortably in our own half. Proper football, that.................................

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Will he still be with us if we go up, you know what the football manager's merry go round is like.
A lower tiered Premiership club may come after him.
Though I like to think he would stay for at least one Premiership season with us.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Wouldn't say I back him 100% but you can't moan too much when the results are going our way. I still don't like his style of play, too many long balls. So I would like that to change.

Actually, I think there are very few long balls over the top or through the middle, quite simply because we don't have a striker who can get on to them. I have a feeling there are likely to be more balls through the middle and ore the top now that James Wilson is in the side because that's the type of striker he is.

I think the fact that w play with two wingers shows that we are not a long ball team but it will now be nice to have that option as well now. It will make is less predictable because when the opposition put 2 players on March or Murphy we now have the option of capitalising on that by the winger just playing the ball back in side and we can go over the top or play through balls in the vacated space with a realistic chance that we have a striker who could potentially get on the end of them and score.

We had Baldock who did get on the end of them but invariably didn't score. Hemed doesn't have the pace to get on the end of balls like that. So all in all I like the fact that we have the long ball option to our game now as well as going down the flanks

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
A lot said in praise of CH, and well deserved it is too. But I think we should also give a huge vote of thanks to Paul Winstanley and his team of unsung heroes.
I was getting seriously peed off with David Burke, and his obsession with second rate loan players. And his inability to attract quality to the club... ( no one wanted to sign for us..now they all do) I am even more peed off with him now when I let myself consider the probability that he might have been the main problem all the time.
I haven't for decades felt as hopeful for the clubs future as I do now. We are blessed with being owned by TB, a supporter, not some prat with a few bob to throw away. The occasionally, and IMO unfairly maligned PB, the best in all of the leagues at what he does...(the price of pies apart). And now PW with a recruitment team worthy of this great club. Long may they reign :albion2:

note of advice to CH.......Shave that feckin beard off mate, it looks chav !

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
A lot said in praise of CH, and well deserved it is too. But I think we should also give a huge vote of thanks to Paul Winstanley and his team of unsung heroes.
I was getting seriously peed off with David Burke, and his obsession with second rate loan players. And his inability to attract quality to the club... ( no one wanted to sign for us..now they all do) I am even more peed off with him now when I let myself consider the probability that he might have been the main problem all the time.
I haven't for decades felt as hopeful for the clubs future as I do now. We are blessed with being owned by TB, a supporter, not some prat with a few bob to throw away. The occasionally, and IMO unfairly maligned PB, the best in all of the leagues at what he does...(the price of pies apart). And now PW with a recruitment team worthy of this great club. Long may they reign :albion2:

I think you will find that Burke was the main problem. Player recruitment is paramount and he singularly failed on that score. I know people within football, working in professional clubs, some of whom knew Burke and had tried to have dealings with him. It is fair to say, that in his tenure at BHA, we developed a reputation as a club that was difficult to do business with and that was down to one man.
All credit to TB for recognising the problem and cutting him adrift and recruiting quality and maturity and commonsense and now we are reaping the rewards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here