Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Give it another 10 games (again)

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Always thought he was the right man!

Votes: 81 47.6%

• Total voters

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The season is not quiet (ssshhhh) half through yet. The back end could still be an injury mare and the Albion could fall as far as 10th place. Yes, League One can be forgotten but with the talent that was purchased we ought to finish first or second. Anything can happen in a playoff.

'ought to finish first or second'

Not really realistic given the squad the likes of Boro, Derby and Hull have. We might end up in first or second but that will be down to teamwork and getting the best out of what we have. Not necessarily the money spent.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Wasn't convinced at first but always willing to give someone a chance. Have voted yay now and optimistic for the rest of the season.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I knew he was a good appointment, a safer bet then the last couple but thought it would take a season or two for him to get the team how he wanted it.
Never expected this.....

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I knew he was a good appointment, a safer bet then the last couple but thought it would take a season or two for him to get the team how he wanted it.
Never expected this.....

Me too. Thought he was a very sensible appointment to guarantee safety but wasn't sure he'd have the personality to have us playing attractive attacking football and mounting a promotion challenge. Very pleasantly surprised. The more I think about it the more I think he's the perfect manager for us. Knowledgeable, experienced, dignified, nurturing, and very little ego.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We lost at Ipswich on a Tuesday night under Hypia and he was in front of us going in and my son and I agreed there was our next manager and it would be as good appointment.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Last season he had a very simple objective which was to avoid relegation which he managed.

This season sees us play very good possession football coupled with a winning mentality, long may it continue.

I have to say that the mind numbingly turgid football that was dished up in the last ten games left me wavering a tad over the summer. I actually saw no reason for tactics which appeared to ban more than two of our players entering the opposition's half (although this might have something to do with the players wanting to distance themselves from Leon Best, CMS or COG).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We lost at Ipswich on a Tuesday night under Hypia and he was in front of us going in and my son and I agreed there was our next manager and it would be as good appointment.

No, we didn't. Last season, we drew away at Ipswich 3-3 under Hyppia. We beat them at Falmer 3-2 on a Tuesday night -- in a quite thrilling display -- early in Hughton's tenure. So this looks like a strange conversation to be having with your son.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Came to us with a good reputation after being harshly treated at Norwich.
Always happy to give him time in the job.
Don't think anyone could achieve more than what he has so far this season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

No, we didn't. Last season, we drew away at Ipswich 3-3 under Hyppia. We beat them at Falmer 3-2 on a Tuesday night -- in a quite thrilling display -- early in Hughton's tenure. So this looks like a strange conversation to be having with your son.

As usual, BensGrandad is making it up as he goes along.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have to say that the mind numbingly turgid football that was dished up in the last ten games left me wavering a tad over the summer. I actually saw no reason for tactics which appeared to ban more than two of our players entering the opposition's half (although this might have something to do with the players wanting to distance themselves from Leon Best, CMS or COG).
Clever tactics on the part of CH to convince TB things needed to change :-D

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Was happy when he was appointed as manager, never questioned his ability as he has a proven track record.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

As much as I hate to back up BensGrandad as I generally disagree with him, we lost 2-0 at Ipswich last season under Hyypia on a Tuesday night early in the season. I think you're thinking of Norwich for the 3-3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here