Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Choices for midfield

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Apart from the 9 posts before mine...? That's doing quite well is it?

Yes. Maybe somebody pointing out that there are levels of sexual offences and related sentences (and without any specuation as to where on that spectrum the alleged offence might be) offends you - maybe it does. But is it 'doing quite well' - yes thank you, well within the bounds of acceptability.
Has anybody speculated as to the nature of the offence? No.
Has anybody posted links to any dodgy stuff that might be on FB or instagram or whatever? No.
Has anybody speculated whether he's guilty or not? No.
So - doing quite well.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Carry on speculating then? OK message received and understood :thumbsup:

I’m sure the mods are monitoring this thread very closely and will delete anything inappropriate. Given that Bozza takes a very cautious approach to these type of things (so would I if I could end up in court) I don’t think you need to worry.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've soft deleted two posts I think have strayed into things that might come up in the investigation.

I don't know that they will, I'm simply erring on the side of caution to protect everyone involved.

Please stick to team selection on this thread or it's likely to be locked.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Outside of speculation on the alleged incident would GP play Biss in the interim period?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No chance. Same as the Everton player also on bail, after an arrest for sex offences.

Imagine the up roar if a player was playing and then charged?

Without knowing any details whatsoever, I’d suggest you’re purely guessing as others are. We’ll see but I think some are over egging the pudding - and yes I am guessing too of course, but never make assumptions I’ve learnt!

I reckon we’ll play Bissouma - he’s our best midfielder and hopefully he’s back and fit after the international break.

He’s on conditional bail having been arrested for a potentially serious offence (that much we know)………pretty sure he won’t be playing football until after the hearing. Nothing to do with any other cases as far as I am concerned, simply based on the known facts.

I like you all - and [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] but I would like you to learn from this - always listen to Sheebo and never assume. Smug :lol: :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I like you all - and [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] but I would like you to learn from this - always listen to Sheebo and never assume. Smug :lol: :thumbsup:

He hasn't played yet......???

Club will have a view on the likely outcome, which might have impacted the decision perhaps.

Hasn't stopped a few nobends piling into the concourse singing.....well, you can imagine. :facepalm::facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He hasn't played yet......???

Club will have a view on the likely outcome, which might have impacted the decision perhaps.

Hasn't stopped a few nobends piling into the concourse singing.....well, you can imagine. :facepalm::facepalm:

Come on he’s on the bench and you all said there’s no chance he’ll be near the team!

Yes not the song to sing. As others have said though, it’s a broad spectrum and he hasn’t been charged - and the place it happens suggest a few things to me which others have mentioned on the thread. Anyway, enough smugness - it’s good news he’s back from injury.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Come on he’s on the bench and you all said there’s no chance he’ll be near the team!

Yes not the song to sing. As others have said though, it’s a broad spectrum and he hasn’t been charged - and the place it happens suggest a few things to me which others have mentioned on the thread. Anyway, enough smugness - it’s good news he’s back from injury.

Given he's missed it few games bench was always likely (ignoring the other thing) :albion2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He didnt play, just like most of us "assumed".

Do behave - he was in the squad and most were saying there’s no chance he’ll be near the team. I didn’t quote you. But you agreed with this:

‘The facts are that he has been arrested following an allegation of a criminal offence and bailed. There is zero chance of him kicking a football competitively whilst the legal process is ongoing, irrespective of his fitness or value to the team.‘

I’d suggest you’re going to be wrong and he’ll kick a football competitively - I’ll remember this and remind you when he does and you can be less obnoxious and admit you were wrong yeh?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Do behave - he was in the squad and most were saying there’s no chance he’ll be near the team. I didn’t quote you. But you agreed with this:

‘The facts are that he has been arrested following an allegation of a criminal offence and bailed. There is zero chance of him kicking a football competitively whilst the legal process is ongoing, irrespective of his fitness or value to the team.‘

I’d suggest you’re going to be wrong and he’ll kick a football competitively - I’ll remember this and remind you when he does and you can be less obnoxious and admit you were wrong yeh?

Absolutely no way he was going to be on the pitch today. It’s the clubs way of supporting / standing by him as much as they can without a backlash.

Could this be a draw, all be it more entertaining than the one I just watched?

Sent from my very expensive gated community

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely no way he was going to be on the pitch today. It’s the clubs way of supporting / standing by him as much as they can without a backlash.

Could this be a draw, all be it more entertaining than the one I just watched?

Sent from my very expensive gated community

No I’m claiming the win 100% - many posters for some reason assured me there was 0 chance of him being near the first team - he was very near!

I think it shows a lot of things to do with what happened - an awful lot, given how the club act and have acted here. I cannot comment further then that though obviously.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Why would I...? You appear to be struggling with it - you said he was going to play, and he didnt. Thats that.

He was part of the squad, yes. Because:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why would I...? You appear to be struggling with it - you said he was going to play, and he didnt. Thats that.

He was part of the squad, yes. Because:

I didn’t say he was going to play today specifically whatsoever - this is a thread about midfield options in general, not about against Norwich. There also was most definitely a way or chance he’d get on today - we wouldn’t just waste a place on the bench if there’s no chance of them playing - so don’t agree with that massive assumption you quoted there either - but they weren’t stubbornly obnoxious like you were / are regularly.

Original post:

‘ If we are we to assume a certain 20 something year old midfielder may not be getting selected anytime soon’

I said I think we’ll play Bissouma - he’s our best midfielder’

He was in the squad as many assured me he wouldn’t be. He’s been training with the team and around the team. If he plays any part in the next 3-4 games I’d have been 100% correct, and you totally wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here