Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Choices for midfield

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
If we are we to assume a certain 20 something year old midfielder may not be getting selected anytime soon, where does this leave our midfield. He will be a big loss in the centre of midfield, the engine which drives most of our good results this season. Will clearly give Moder & Mwepu (when fit) some minutes and perhaps Sarmiento albeit he's more an attacking midfielder. I wonder how the team will deal with the absence of arguably our best player?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Steven Alzate did nothing to get himself removed from the team and I hope to see him restored.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Moder to step in, in the middle. Should be a no brainer. Mwepu as back up, Sarmiento as the wild card.

I think we'll be fine.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Steven Alzate did nothing to get himself removed from the team and I hope to see him restored.

Unlikely - his injury is pretty bad apparently, wouldn’t expect to see him for a few months

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sarmiento is surely competing for a place in the attacking 3rd with players such as Connolly, Maupay, Locadia, Welbeck, Trossard & Mac Allister?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Atrocious against Burnley and in his sub appearance against Palace, but agree he would probably have seen more game time (if worst case with YB)... problem is that Alzate will be out for a "prolonged time" with injury.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Atrocious against Burnley and in his sub appearance against Palace, but agree he would probably have seen more game time (if worst case with YB)... problem is that Alzate will be out for a "prolonged time" with injury.

He was atrocious at Burnley because he was played out of position, as was Bissouma, March and Gross in the first half.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Webster and Lamptey due back, which will provide more defensive options, so I expect to see a back five more regularly than I had done.
CM always has a touch of fluidity to it, but the key personnel playing here or elsewhere in midfield will be Lallana, Gross, Moder, Mac Allister and March
Unless Welbeck is back in a hurry, GP will start to have some big decisions to make if one of Trossard or Maupay pick up an injury (please not both at the same time).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Has to be Moder, he's got it all, such a well rounded player.

Big lad so a physical presence but also has the skills to do something with it when he has the ball.

Excited to see what he can do with a bunch of starts in a row,

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Has to be Moder, he's got it all, such a well rounded player.

Big lad so a physical presence but also has the skills to do something with it when he has the ball.

Excited to see what he can do with a bunch of starts in a row,

Absolutely this. I'm a big fan of Moder and think he has it well within him to become a big player for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here