[Albion] Choices for midfield

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chopera

Apr 23, 2021
I'm not convinced we really need to find another dedicated stopper. The player whose name we possibly cannot mention ended up in that role because he developed into being remarkably good at it. Having him there allowed us to play attack minded midfielders in front of him. We could instead replace him with a couple of box to box midfielders for example. Moder and Mwepu might eventually be the long term solution, although they currently lack experience between them.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A reassuring thread. Amazing to think that despite potentially losing our best player we have Moder, MacAllister, Gross, Mwepu, Lallana, Alzate and Taylor-Richards to choose from and that’s without looking at the likes of Leonard and Spong. We are so fortunate to have such amazing strength in depth.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I reckon we’ll play Bissouma - he’s our best midfielder and hopefully he’s back and fit after the international break.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I reckon we’ll play Bissouma - he’s our best midfielder and hopefully he’s back and fit after the international break.
I'd say there was very little chance of that until after 7 November (of whatever date was given in the bail story)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd say there was very little chance of that until after 7 November (of whatever date was given in the bail story)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Without knowing any details whatsoever, I’d suggest you’re purely guessing as others are. We’ll see but I think some are over egging the pudding - and yes I am guessing too of course, but never make assumptions I’ve learnt!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Without knowing any details whatsoever, I’d suggest you’re purely guessing as others are. We’ll see but I think some are over egging the pudding - and yes I am guessing too of course, but never make assumptions I’ve learnt!

No chance. Same as the Everton player also on bail, after an arrest for sex offences.

Imagine the up roar if a player was playing and then charged?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No chance. Same as the Everton player also on bail, after an arrest for sex offences.

Imagine the up roar if a player was playing and then charged?

You simply cannot draw parallels between those 2 cases as I’d imagine completely and utterly different… completely. Think about the 2 - location etc - not hard to draw some loose conclusions - think people are over reacting given the little info known etc. But will leave it there as don’t want to annoy mods or tread on dodgey ground.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You simply cannot draw parallels between those 2 cases as I’d imagine completely and utterly different… completely. Think about the 2 - location etc - not hard to draw some loose conclusions - think people are over reacting given the little info known etc. But will leave it there as don’t want to annoy mods or tread on dodgey ground.

He’s on conditional bail having been arrested for a potentially serious offence (that much we know)………pretty sure he won’t be playing football until after the hearing. Nothing to do with any other cases as far as I am concerned, simply based on the known facts.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He’s on conditional bail having been arrested for a potentially serious offence (that much we know)………pretty sure he won’t be playing football until after the hearing. Nothing to do with any other cases as far as I am concerned, simply based on the known facts.

Agreed….irrespective of any possible suspension…imagine where the players head space is right now

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I'd be seriously disappointed, actually pretty disgusted with the club if the player in question is anywhere near our team until either no charges are made or they're found innocent.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd be seriously disappointed, actually pretty disgusted with the club if the player in question is anywhere near our team until either no charges are made or they're found innocent.

I wouldn’t at all. I’d trust the club to make the judgement based on the evidence they have - which is 100 times what posters on here have…

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

I don't think there will be a hearing as such at this stage.

Conditional bail just sets out some conditions he has to adhere to while evidence is being gathered.

He could just have a phonecall informimg him the case has been dropped and he won't be charged. Or it may take a different path.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't think there will be a hearing as such at this stage.

Conditional bail just sets out some conditions he has to adhere to while evidence is gathered.

He could just get a phonecall telling him the case has been dropped and he won't be charged. Or it may take a different path.

He might……but he won’t be playing until that happens.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I wouldn’t at all. I’d trust the club to make the judgement based on the evidence they have - which is 100 times what posters on here have…

The facts are that he has been arrested following an allegation of a criminal offence and bailed. There is zero chance of him kicking a football competitively whilst the legal process is ongoing, irrespective of his fitness or value to the team.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Why would the club have any evidence?

The facts are that he has been arrested following an allegation of a criminal offence and bailed. There is zero chance of him kicking a football competitively whilst the legal process is ongoing, irrespective of his fitness or value to the team.

Also this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports