[Albion] Choices for midfield

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Totally get your point! Does seem daft, moreso as "the name" is in the public domain and is in the mainstream press. I'm not convinced that there would be a legal issue for the site, particularly as the owner has already published "the name".

But ultimately it is Bozza's site and he can make up whatever rules he wants and we have to respect and abide by them so I'm not saying it!!

Tabloids have named him - but they have big legal teams I imagine.

The police statements haven’t named anyone and won’t do until charged as is course.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep.

I thought he started slow against Arsenal then almost as if he thought 'hang on I'm better than them', turned it on for 45 minutes then came off.

There were at least 2 sumptuous passes that took out half the Arsenal team, but I don't remember much in the way of Biss' work.

Much of the good work that Moder does is further up the pitch than the area that Biss normally operates in. As much as Moder grew into the game against Arsenal, he did miss a couple of very takeable chances. Given more game time l'm confident those chances would have been gobbled up.

He is an exciting talent, and I'd be surprised not to see him as a regular starter come the end of the season.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Maybe. You probably cant rule out Mac Allister though.

I dunno, I'm not entirely convinced Potter rates him that highly, always seems to be the "last 20 minutes" sub

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Moder, or given Potter's thinking Lamptey comes into the side at RWB, Veltman moves to CB, and Dan Burn is pushed into the holding midfield role.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Unfortunately Alzate did nothing to warrant being picked either when he’s played lately. Moder and Gross will be the ones until Mwepu finds his feet.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mac seems to be further forward than Biss plays to. More of attacking threat than break up play / ball winner

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I dunno, I'm not entirely convinced Potter rates him that highly, always seems to be the "last 20 minutes" sub

He kind of mainly competes with Trossard so I guess that is the issue for him. Not easy getting a lot of game time then.

But he can also play centrally and started ten games in a row this spring. Not impossible he can break into the team again.

Moder, or given Potter's thinking Lamptey comes into the side at RWB, Veltman moves to CB, and Dan Burn is pushed into the holding midfield role.

More likely with Veltman as DMC. Potter said in February that he could play in a defensive midfield position when Lamptey comes back.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I know we can't discuss the case but surely it's o.k to say his name?

jehovah.jpeg

"All I said was that piece of Halibut was good enough for Bissouma!"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Time for Mwepu to get up to speed, or is his warm up injury against Swansea a three month out thing?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Depends on condition of bail, but I reckon the club will suspend him or at least keep him away from first team activity until bail date

100% this - I'll be amazed if he's not suspended pending whatever the outcome of the hearing is

As for midfield, Moder for me - great opportunity for him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Robert Codner was a very very very naughty boy. Done very well for him since though, a football agent now he has gone straight.

Wasted talent, had the potential to be a very very very good footballer. Just lazy

I did love the way he got the blame for everything though. I remember a cock up by an Albion player on the West side of the Goldstone when Codner was over on the the East side and a guy near me went apoplectic with abuse at Codner :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports