Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chillies, Toms & Sweet Pepper Growing 2013

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Mine have suddenly gone head-mental and grown from next to nothing to about a foot in a couple of weeks

998008_10151576940237763_1198212376_n.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thanks for the top about going there. Stopped by earlier on this month and got a couple of plants. From seed I have only been successful with two chillies this year so topped up the plant head count!
Courgettes doing fantastic this year, tomatoes and cucumber not so well as previous years.

forgot to put the list up as promised, by now some of these may be gone but there should still a fair few types left.

http://www.lansdowneplants.co.uk/plants-3/chilli-plants/

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Plants going mad with flowers now, going to be a good crop this year.

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
Ive just grown a Numex twilight chili plant anyone tasted these peppers yet, i am intrigued to know how strong or what the taste is like of these, they are still at the purple stage at present and are about full height 18 inch.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
how is everyone elses tomato crop looking? I have good sized plants yet they are not flowering yet? (vareity is moneymaker) any tips on how to start it fruiting?

Chillies going very well. will post some photos up later tonight,

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Thought i would give a bounce,

Have questions about tomato ripening. The ones on my plant are not ripening/ going red. I have left on vine/ picked and left to ripen on window sill all without result.

Anyone else had this issue?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thought i would give a bounce,

Have questions about tomato ripening. The ones on my plant are not ripening/ going red. I have left on vine/ picked and left to ripen on window sill all without result.

Anyone else had this issue?

My Mrs having same prob. Says you have to wait till they at least start to turn before trying window sill. She's thinking green tomato chutney

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
My Mrs having same prob. Says you have to wait till they at least start to turn before trying window sill. She's thinking green tomato chutney

Coming into October I had given up on them turning on vine. Will try a chutney thanks.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
brown paper bag and banana skin sometimes works. However, green tomato chutney is lush.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Green fruit is pre disposed to ripen, sometimes it needs a helping hand, the Banana trick will work but also Apples produce quite a lot of the ripening gas Ethylene which triggers the process. The old trick is to put your green Toms in a drawer with an Apple or two and check every day, you should see a slow but steady change to ripe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here