Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cherries to host Real Madrid

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No doubt the HALF HALF scarfs will be 15 pounds as well !

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Oh we'll be laughing when Ronaldo does his 25 minute cameo, falls in love with the place, agrees to move for a set of tracksuits and lowers his wages to £3k a week :D

We'll get his missus to do the half time raffle.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As if Ronaldo will be playing. Unless its the lesser known Dave Ronaldo.

That Dave Ronaldo looked remarkably like Cristiano, especially taking the 30 yard free kick for the first goal.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I know, but it's completely wrong of Bournemouth to (a) charge so much and (b) claim that Ronaldo, Ozil & whoever will play when it's manifestly obvious that they won't.

Oops.

Real Madrid starting lineup v Bournemouth: Lopez, Carvajal, Nacho, Coentrão, Modric, Khedira, Ronaldo, Isco, Ozil, Benzema.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No doubt the HALF HALF scarfs will be 15 pounds as well !

That might put the cherry (no pun intended) on the tinpot cake - a Half and Half scarf for a FRIENDLY. Makes our sh*te scarves vs Arsenal last season look brilliant !!

350x.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The ALWAYS said it would be a full strength REal Madrid side less the three that played in the trophy in Brazil

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just as a curiosity - how would people feel if we saw this exact setup (in terms of lineup strength, ticket price etc...) next Summer with ourselves and Barcelona in place of Bournemouth and Real?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just as a curiosity - how would people feel if we saw this exact setup (in terms of lineup strength, ticket price etc...) next Summer with ourselves and Barcelona in place of Bournemouth and Real?
I personally wouldn't go, but people can spend their money how they like.

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
The ALWAYS said it would be a full strength REal Madrid side less the three that played in the trophy in Brazil

Just to be completely accurate, they played all their front line players (and all the others come to that) for 45 minutes. That's completely understandable and Bournemouth coudn't expect any more from a warm-up game, but in the second half 7 of the team were B-team players from the side that finished mid-table in the Second Division (a standard that some misinformed people called seven shades of **** on another thread). The only first-rank players that played in the second half were Di Maria, Higuain, Illarramendi and Kaka.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I'd moan about the ticket price and then watch it on TV.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

I wouldnt go, £60 for a friendly is a pathetic price.

That said, we wouldnt charge that as we have a 30,000 capacity so we could afford to charge less, £35 maximum Id have thought - in which I would consider going to watch.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I saw Rodney Marsh play (QPR friendly at Goldstone) and am happy I did as he put on the style the likes of which I'd never seen. I never saw George Best and regret missing the magic.
If Messi and the full Barca team came to the Amex I'd pay whatever to see them. As much as we hated what Zaha did to us, many admired his talent for what it is. We watch the Albion because of the way we play and enjoy talent and skills.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
BBC News - Ronaldo free kick breaks boy's wrist at Bournemouth AFC

Ronaldo free kick breaks boy's wrist at Bournemouth AFC
Charlie Silverwood Charlie Silverwood watched the rest of the match in pain, before going to hospital

A young football fan whose wrist was broken by a Christiano Ronaldo free kick at Bournemouth has received a shirt signed by the player and his Real Madrid team mates.

AFC Bournemouth took on the Spanish giants in a pre-season friendly at the Goldsands Stadium on Saturday.

The match attracted thousands of fans.

Among them was Charlie Silverwood, 11, who early in the match was hit by a Christiano Ronaldo free kick and later had to undergo surgery on his wrist.
'No front teeth'

Charlie, from Christchurch, said: "It was Ronaldo's first free kick of the game. It went straight for me so I blocked the ball with the palm of my left hand and the force, I suppose, reverberated up my arm and broke my wrist."

First aiders at the ground put his arm in a sling and told him to go to hospital.
Christiano Ronaldo takes on the Bournemouth team on 21 July 2013 Real Madrid beat Bournemouth 6-0 in the pre-season friendly at Goldsands Stadium

"Real Madrid is a once in a lifetime opportunity - seeing them play your local club - so I watched the rest of the match, mostly in pain considering I still had the sling, and afterwards I then went to hospital," he said.

Charlie has since had an operation to manipulate his wrist back into place and must spend the rest of the school holidays in plaster.

He said: "If I hadn't blocked it with the palm of my hand I would have no front teeth. Thankfully I'm right handed so it hasn't stopped my knocking one out - I can't really work up a proper rhythm with my left. It definitely had to be some speed otherwise it wouldn't have broken my wrist - 45 mph would be a safe guess I think."

Since the incident, he has been visited by Bournemouth legend Steven Fletcher, who brought him the signed Real Madrid shirt.

Charlie said the president of Real Madrid had also phoned to tell him a signed Ronaldo shirt was on the way.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Money aside, how/why did Bournemouth secure this incredible friendly?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I'd pay any price if i could guarantee having my arm broken by a Messi special next pre-season, shortly followed by a pull-out of me lying on my sofa at home* in the evening rag telling everyone how i got my right testicle signed* by the entire Barca squad aprés the match.

*whilst wearing a half/half scarf

:smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here