Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cherries to host Real Madrid

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Imagine the hand wringing meltdown on here if we did this.

Most cried about £25 for Chelsea last year.

Too f**king right to be fair.

£25 for a friendly was a pi$$ take, AFCB should have doctors and psychiartrists on the turnstyles ready to treat anyone who actually bought a ticket at that price!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't know how their chairman can describe that as a "gift" to supporters and keep a straight face. £55/£60 for a FRIENDLY is absolutely outrageous in anyones book, even if it is RM (or what will probably turn out to be a RM XI). I'd go up to £35 maybe, absolute tops, but I'd still be whining like a little BITCH over it.

£60 for a friendly. The world has officially gone mad.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Some interesting comments, as a bmth fan it really depends on if we make any money on it. Apparently Mitchell jnr knows someone at Real, and they managed to get something sorted, which must have some grain of truth in it.

No way i'm going, I've got a mate in Madrid and have seen a couple of games, one with Zidane, Raul and Ronaldo in full flow - for about £20...

Probably be half Bmth fans and half starry eyed locals. One way or another, its never dull with Eddie Mitchell about!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Some interesting comments, as a bmth fan it really depends on if we make any money on it. Apparently Mitchell jnr knows someone at Real, and they managed to get something sorted, which must have some grain of truth in it.

No way i'm going, I've got a mate in Madrid and have seen a couple of games, one with Zidane, Raul and Ronaldo in full flow - for about £20...

Probably be half Bmth fans and half starry eyed locals. One way or another, its never dull with Eddie Mitchell about!

True....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yEtv0_gwkQ

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Outrageous pricing, simply outrageous. On the other hand, Tommy Elphick up against Cristiano Ronaldo, hmmm...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Outrageous pricing, simply outrageous. On the other hand, Tommy Elphick up against Cristiano Ronaldo, hmmm...

As if Ronaldo will be playing. Unless its the lesser known Dave Ronaldo.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's called poetic licence.

I know, but it's completely wrong of Bournemouth to (a) charge so much and (b) claim that Ronaldo, Ozil & whoever will play when it's manifestly obvious that they won't. They've spanked a wedge of cash on buying Real Madrid's appearance and they now have to fund that by screwing the same fans who seem to have spent most of the preceding decade rattling buckets & pleading with us all to "Save AFCB".

This is an absolute charade & those stupid enough to fork out £60 will feel ridiculous when the RM development squad turns up while Ronaldo is still sunning himself on a beach in Barbados.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I know, but it's completely wrong of Bournemouth to (a) charge so much and (b) claim that Ronaldo, Ozil & whoever will play when it's manifestly obvious that they won't. They've spanked a wedge of cash on buying Real Madrid's appearance and they now have to fund that by screwing the same fans who seem to have spent most of the preceding decade rattling buckets & pleading with us all to "Save AFCB".

This is an absolute charade & those stupid enough to fork out £60 will feel ridiculous when the RM development squad turns up while Ronaldo is still sunning himself on a beach in Barbados.

If there are any nails out there that you haven't hit dead-on square on the head.. Well I'll be damned.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At that price Real would have to start at least half heir first teamers in order or the punters not to feel short-changed. A second string missing the Galacticos woud be a PR disaster for the Bournemouth chairman.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Like we wouldn't all turn up if it was Real Madrid kin D team!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Like we wouldn't all turn up if it was Real Madrid kin D team!

Some would, undoubtedly. Even at £60 a pop. I think most would consider it a bit of a waste of money though as the vast majority of replies on this thread indicate.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
BUT

Apparently there are actually assurances that they will send a strong squad - so at least a half for their 'stars' so to speak. So hopefully they will get off the beach and get their boots on!

We'll see. As I have said - no skin off my nose if they don't show, I won't be paying £60 to watch it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
BUT

Apparently there are actually assurances that they will send a strong squad - so at least a half for their 'stars' so to speak. So hopefully they will get off the beach and get their boots on!

We'll see. As I have said - no skin off my nose if they don't show, I won't be paying £60 to watch it.
It might be like those American football games they used to stage at Wembley back in the 80s. You'd see the stars for a couple of plays and the rest of the time it would be all the reserves and triallists. And yes I went as it was a chance to see American football live, albeit just a pre-season game. Mind you it wasn't £60 (or the 80s equivalent) for a ticket.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

Plus, whats the big deal regarding Real Madrid anyway? They haven't won the Champions League in over a decade. Its all smoke and mirrors. Modern football hysteria. Murdoch and Blatter are to blame i tell thee.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

For what it's worth their chairman on video has said that Real Madrid have promised a full squad bar 3 players that played in the Confederation Cup. For the price they are charging there must be some sort of pledge that the 'stars' will play for 45 minutes :shrug:. I guess time will tell!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here