Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cherries to host Real Madrid

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
if that was us playing real madrid how much would barber and the club charge us

About £35, which is in my opinion is the highest you could probably get away with charging.

Makes us charging £25 against Chelsea last season look like the bargain of the century, considering they were European Champions at the time, it was the first game back in England after winning the Champions League AND they actually brought their first team.

Personally I'd love it if Real brought their "B" team and wiped the floor with Bournemuff.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No team is worth that. I wouldn't pay more than £30 if it was us.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
This down to Madrid rather than Bournemouth, they probably want a huge chunk of ticket revenue plus a massive fee for turning up. I'd expect the same or similar prices if we were to play them

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Only £30 when they played Leicester a few years back

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I bet Real Madrid charge a fortune to pay a friendly. If you want to play them you pay the money.

If this was 30 years ago I would have considered driving down to see it - you rarely got a chance to see these Clubs let alone live. Now we can see every match and they are always playing in this country.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
This down to Madrid rather than Bournemouth, they probably want a huge chunk of ticket revenue plus a massive fee for turning up. I'd expect the same or similar prices if we were to play them

Though the Amex is twice the size, so we could EASILY get away with charging half, would EASILY sell out at £30 too.

Just a thought, it said that Real picked Bournemouth so I assume there were other clubs that wanted to play them too. Since our last friendly was TBC for a while, I have a sneaky suspicion that we wanted to play them too, but for whatever reason Bournemouth got picked instead (more money going to Real I'd expect).

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Since our last friendly was TBC for a while, I have a sneaky suspicion that we wanted to play them too, but for whatever reason Bournemouth got picked instead (more money going to Real I'd expect).

I bet Real have a guaranteed minimum and that would need to be underwritten by the Club. It would be a gamble that is for sure.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
They probably charge £500,000 to turn up so Bmuff have to cover that cost with ticket sales.
12k * £55 = £660000

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good for Bournemouth - a real coup for them. Wonder how many first team players will play.....

Good luck to Elphick and Cook.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Real Madrid didn't force Bournemouth to play them. Bournemouth agreed to pay the ridiculous fees.

D

Deleted member 22389

Don't care who it is, 60.00 is a complete and utter rip off. Should be 25 quid max.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Though the Amex is twice the size, so we could EASILY get away with charging half, would EASILY sell out at £30 too.

Just a thought, it said that Real picked Bournemouth so I assume there were other clubs that wanted to play them too. Since our last friendly was TBC for a while, I have a sneaky suspicion that we wanted to play them too, but for whatever reason Bournemouth got picked instead (more money going to Real I'd expect).

Do Real not have other commitments already the week we play Villarreal?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Makes our two home friendlies for £20 a veritible bargain :smile:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As others have said, it's a complete load of crap. A few years ago Real Madrid were training in Ireland and arranged a friendly quite late notice with Shamrock Rovers - pretty sure the prices were standard and think it may have been one of the first games at their new ground.

The prices suggest Bournemouth were not "hand picked" as they claim, but have basically bought in Real Madrid at a huge cost, a bit like when Brazil play some really bizarre international friendlies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here