zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yep hats off for that.

Thought we deserved a point though.

Adingra and mitoma rubbish today.

Billy , Baleba , bonny , lallana , gross , Pedro excellent
4 at the back, 2 good footballers and 2 rugby reject bouncers. It works reasonably well.

It's still astounding how shit Chelsea are given the resource. Long may it continue.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think it's the best, and most competitive top flight league. But the current referees are atrocious and shouldn't be anywhere near this league.

The leagues call for respect, but at some point they need to understand, you cant respect incompetence.
Whilst I completely agree . . . I don't honestly thing the referees are incompetent, some of them ( not many admitedly) are very good . . . . BUT, they're being undermined by VAR tossers who are too busy being noshed off on FA expenses to be paying attention to reality, it really is like some kind of fast show surreal reality. . . . BIN VAR, give refs their authority and responsibility back and the game will improve 10 fold within a month.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I've used the word corruption too and maybe that's over stating it. OR maybe it's not? We know corruption exists within world football, just look at what happened with Juventus. I guess people were calling others conspiracy theorists at the time and look what happened there. "Big" team bias is 100% certain. Look at Fabinho on Ferguson last season, not even sent to VAR. Corruption is difficult to prove, legal teams are paid huge sums of money by the mega rich for a very good reason. As an unfair as it is, we just have to try and let it go or put our blinkers on as they'd like us to do. Personally I struggle as can't get past there being fairness in many walks of life. All boils down to 💶💰 😕
We need to score three a game against the big boys like Arsenal last season otherwise the game will be engineered to do us over. We’ve seen it at Spurs last season not one but three bad decisions has to be dodgy.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Corruption is a very strong word, it's a specific crime and as you say, requires a strong burden of proof.

But is the PL structured to tackle the pressures which exist on officials to give decisions the way of the rich, the strong, or those who shout the loudest?

I'm not sure. The fact that officials are earning presumably very good money reffing in leagues where the state finances the league and owns clubs here is a massive conflict of interest in my view.

Are the refereeing assessors having honest conversations with the refs about unconscious bias in decision making? In particular to bigger teams or home teams or teams with a vociferous manager? I doubt it. There seems to be a chumminess and a closed club sort of mentality.

PL refs are on £70k a year. Not that much all considered.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've used the word corruption too and maybe that's over stating it. OR maybe it's not? We know corruption exists within world football, just look at what happened with Juventus. I guess people were calling others conspiracy theorists at the time and look what happened there. "Big" team bias is 100% certain. Look at Fabinho on Ferguson last season, not even sent to VAR. Corruption is difficult to prove, legal teams are paid huge sums of money by the mega rich for a very good reason. As a unfair as it is, we just have to try and let it go or put our blinkers on as they'd like us to do. Personally I struggle as can't get past there being fairness in many walks of life. All boils down to 💶💰 😕
I'm with you . . .one reason for giving up my busines was it was built on honest hard earned success. . . . devalued by cheats. It would have been easier to cheat in the first place, but that's not my style. Walk away and do something else. . . . Unfortunately the world seems to be run and manged by cheats so we have to learn to live with it.

Jimmy Grimble

Robbed by poor defending for the first 2 goals surely ?
Out of interest, do you think Caicedo deserved to stay on the pitch?

Terrible refereeing on that front. Should’ve been down to 9.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Defensively we were shocking today… that’s why we lost 😞 plain and simple. It’s not too surprising given our current injury/suspension list… but to be honest we’ve been conceding goals fun in the PL all season… it needs to be addressed.

That said, I expected a defeat today and was pleasantly surprised that we were as competitive as we were.

Looking forward to Brentford already.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Out of interest, do you think Caicedo deserved to stay on the pitch?

Terrible refereeing on that front. Should’ve been down to 9.
Probably should have gone yes.

But we already had 45mins against 10, still doesn’t help the fact we didn’t trouble Sanchez enough, Adingra kept making the wrong decision & defensively we were poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here