Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For he blow the whistle before the ball went out? If he did, he's the fastest whistler in the West! No penalty, corner.
He gave the penalty.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well....I don't see it, so perhaps the Great Conspiracy theorists are already on my little list. ???

The worst thing officials can be accused of is unconscious bias, affected by a home crowd or being sh1t scared of making a critical gaff against a club with a big media presence.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Oh, how far we've come in the last few years. We go to stamford bridge and get upset when we leave with nothing!
There aren't many free hits for us anymore....maybe man city away and we 'expect' to lose at villa park.
Ref did ok if slightly lenient, quite a bit of rough housing let go in the first half especially although I thought milners 'tackle' was a penalty straight away, the same as I thought colwills faceball was as well!
It was entertaining....heyho....on to Brentford-Amazon-Wednesday 6th- 7pm

giveusfalmerplease

Yep hats off for that.

Thought we deserved a point though.

Adingra and mitoma rubbish today.

Billy , Baleba , bonny , lallana , gross , Pedro excellent
Mitoma clearly still not fully fit..i really hope he doesnt end up like Lamptey where a series of niggles turns into something bigger

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Yes did not realise that was the law, i appologise.
What a stupid fu#÷ing law. Ref gets it wrong and we suffer. With that law even easier to help other teams.
That we can agree on. Pawson is just inept as the players weren't too sure what he had given. Chelsea were arguing their case as they knew it had been given but we seemed distraught he hadn't given it. And his signal after visiting the monitor was equally ambiguous.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
You have to say considering Colwill played for us last year, I have no idea why he shows Buonanotte onto his left foot. Bad defending
I have to agree Levi who,? I didn't like his celebrating and his all around attitude, you'd would have thought he hated everyone at the club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ref gave the pen so play stops. There is no corner to be had.

VAR says no. Drop ball.
So...

If if one of your players appears to be fouled in the box, and a split second later another player is whiped out - both penalties in the refs view, so he blows his whistle and gives the first one. VAR checks it, the first one isn't a penalty, the second is. Result = drop ball for the offending team.

Great rule that.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Yes did not realise that was the law, i appologise.
What a stupid fu#÷ing law. Ref gets it wrong and we suffer. With that law even easier to help other teams.
Bugger me I never realised that either. A bit like if you put a direct free into your own goal, it results in a corner to the opposition. Thanks to "The Chase" for that insight. 🫢

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
That we can agree on. Pawson is just inept as the players weren't too sure what he had given. Chelsea were arguing their case as they knew it had been given but we seemed distraught he hadn't given it. And his signal after visiting the monitor was equally ambiguous.
Now maybe the time to let the fans hear what the conversation is between VAR and ref.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So...

If if one of your players appears to be fouled in the box, and a split second later another player is whiped out - both penalties in the refs view, so he blows his whistle and gives the first one. VAR checks it, the first one isn't a penalty, the second is. Result = drop ball for the offending team.

Great rule that.
Nope. If he blows after the second one, they’d check both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills