[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Maybe not corruption - but explain why Caicedo didn't get one of two blatant second yellows.
Exactly..he should have been off..who knows how the game would have panned out afterwards. Milner v soft pen but think he should have left it for Steele to deal with. Very frustrating to have so much possession for 60 mins with very little to show for it. None of this detracts from the fact that Chelsea are the most objectionable club in the league though.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Important match against Brentford next.

These are the games we need to win if we want to be in Europe again, next season.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Are we really going to be one of those teams with embarrassing fans that scream corruption when things don't go our way
Clearly is when he didn't give a corner. Clearly is when he doesn't give Caicedo a 2nd yellow with 2 dodgy tackle, 1 from behind. Clearly it's when they get a penalty and we don't with virtually any difference, although neither should have been given. I could probably go on. If there was only 1 big iffy decision you'd say fair enough but really.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What a bizarre game.

A lot to think about.

Another game where refereeing was all over the shop and completely determined the result.

Being on the wrong side of it this time, we have every right to feel aggrieved.

The refereeing in this country is an absolute joke. More often than not the drama is with the erratic refereeing, rather than the game of football itself.

Wouldn't say we deserved to win... Or lose... Who knows what the result would have been if we had reliable refereeing in the PL.
Was the reffing bad today? Can't think of much wrong with it, and we got a lot of fouls given for us that i didn't expect.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Caicedo should have walked and they should not have had a penalty but the shenanigans around Pawson not signalling very well will get most of the grief on here despite it being a rare occasion when VAR worked correctly as Pawson made a blunder they could intervene on.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
The FA and officials have completely ruined fans enjoyment of games. This afternoon has been atrocious. If we are going by the rules laid out Caicedo goes for a 2nd yellow, there's no penalty as no clear and obvious error & we get a corner for the Colwill incident. We had a cracking second half and have been robbed once again. I really feel for the players and fans who went through that in person.
It's really is hard to believe there is no corruption, there is certainly a bias towards the teams with the money. I think it is only a matter if time until a fan loses it, jumps the barriers and gives these corrupt officials a piece of their mind.
Everyone knows there has always been a bias, but this season has shown it more than ever. Its so hard to take when we've watched this club grow from nothing.
Thanks for taking the enjoyment out of football the FA, you really are a bunch of self-righteous twunts. Webb can save his voice, it's all bloody meaningless.
I think if Roberto leaves us, it will be down to the corruption that exists within the league. It makes me sick.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are about 5 people who post on NSC who do that.

For the rest of us we shrug and move on :shrug:

The NSC anti-ref/VAR cohort after a loss is vast and it drags on for a week.

Luckily I'm with you. The Ignore Thread facility is a :rave:Godsend:rave: , thank you @Bozza, a click swipes the new threads out of sight ad infinitum.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I shrugged . . .now I'm moving on . . .

I still think VAR should be binned. Its just wrong on every level.
Like car crime in a multistory car park?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
No thats wrong surley.
The game stops at the penalty incident, in this case the "handball" by Levi. As the game has stopped what happened to the ball after it hit Colwill is no longer relevant. Once the ref over-turns his penalty decision (not that anyone seems to have seen him give it, but that is another argument all together) then the game has to re-start with a drop ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports