Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sep 5, 2017
Montana USA
So. Many. Late. Goals.

Cucurella was man of the match in my view. Maybe I'm becoming a bit of a fanboy, but he did serve Welbeck the game winner on a platter in addition to dialing up a number of huge defensive plays. The guy is tireless, his motor runs non-stop, and every ball he plays has purpose. He kind of hung around the periphery of the goal celebration? I hope he's happy at the club--I want him to have success (and get a couple goals soon!) and stick around a while.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Lovely Jubbly.

Excellent performance and thoroughly deserved result.

Bissouma ran midfield again. Cucurella was fantastic. Everyone put a shift in and played well. A really good way to end the year.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What a night, this team never give up. So deserved to get the point...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Sweet!

Great performance and result by the team and Tuchel's graceless post match interview made it feel even sweeter......

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Special mention to Dan Burn who tonight I thought was brilliant as captain.

It was him organising the back line when CHO broke with a 2 on one who instructed Veltman (also brilliant) where to be.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fair play to GP and the players, we were fantastic last night and looked the better side for good long periods of that game, despite fielding probably our fourth choice centre back pairing (and not moaning about it). For long periods it looked like we wouldn't get what we deserved out of it but great to nick a point at our biggest bogey ground. :clap2:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Great game to watch from the armchair. Thought GP had dropped a clanger when he took Lamptey off as he seemed to be pre-occupying at least three Chelsea players who seemed intent on stopping him anyway they could. Once he went off it released them and they pushed higher and took the initiative for a while. We came back though and thanks to Welbs got our deserved equaliser. Well done to the fans who went and the team. Dan Burn was excellent lastnight

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
So. Many. Late. Goals.

Cucurella was man of the match in my view. Maybe I'm becoming a bit of a fanboy, but he did serve Welbeck the game winner on a platter in addition to dialing up a number of huge defensive plays. The guy is tireless, his motor runs non-stop, and every ball he plays has purpose. He kind of hung around the periphery of the goal celebration? I hope he's happy at the club--I want him to have success (and get a couple goals soon!) and stick around a while.

He seems happy enough.

[tweet]1476336623084257284[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/cucurella3/status/1476336623084257284

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Blimey - didnt see this angle last night and none of the TV coverage seemed to notice it... We got away with this one - clear pen.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1476467357790912516

Not convinced - looks like it came off his back foot, his arm was in front of him and going upwards - that camera angle just means that the arm is in front of the ball. Not sure it even touched his hand / arm at all. And notably none of the Chelsea fans behind the goal seemed to call for it, nor the players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here