Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed. How's your mojo now? I remember a while back you were a bit disillusioned and undecided about Potter. But nights like this - and the promise they bring..??

My mojo is better, but not because of Potter but the covid, non mask wearing, odd kick off times, and transport situation. It’s a mixture of a lot of things. I was undecided about GP but no longer.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Who did James up like a kipper!!! My roast dinners are under cooked compared to how James was done tonight. Can I come off cos the little fella is making me look silly…

and Tuchel complained that he didn't have any wingbacks yet Chelsea let two go (Lamptey and the guy to Southampton) both who are young enough not to be named in the squad

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I see the usual moaners are still getting their post count up. We got a point in a free hit. Great result.

Not to sure how to take this comment Apologies if I ve misconstrued
We took the game to the billionaires plaything
And did a bloody good job with a patchwork team Probably should have won
The curve continues upward

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Brilliant clip of our goal.

No way. There's no way.

[TWEET]1476313124496195586[/TWEET]

Is there a better sound than the roar from our fans when we score? Always brings a smile to my face.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sorry to post again in this thread but I just wanted to add that tonight was, for me above all previous false dawns, the epitome of exactly what we, as Albion fans, wanted BUT more so what Tony Bloom wants and has wanted for since whenever. I no longer have a season ticket so don't often see our performances but just thought that tonight wa:cheers:s a magical progression - Perhaps one day we will do a Leicester ?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just woke up and read Sporting Life match commentry.
It made good reading, will watch replay after brekky on the big screen.
The match report however was harping on about Chelsea injuries etc. using it as an excuse.
You have to feel for them...................not.

Canfan

Nov 8, 2014
Beyond Hope
A red card imo.

You know, I was only watching on a dodgy stream but pundit Nick Summerbee reckoned it was a good challenge and didn't even deserve a yellow card let alone a red IIRC. I have to admit I agree with him. He also reckoned that if his timing was out by a fraction he could easily have broken Lamtey's leg. I agree with that too. Fine margins I guess and I think a lot depends on the game you were brought up with.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Rat Boy whining once again. Our lads are just as knackered! No it wasn’t a penalty you German knob. We got a point because they had 2 injuries….alledgily!
Actually pal, you got completely outplayed by little Brighton. Suck it up and **** off!

Exactly!! how much were their team worth in comparison to the Albion?? ( I mean in £'s not an Albion supporter respect value)
Look at the players that they had to come on to replace those injured!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Missed the whole bloody thing dealing with a kick-off at work :rant::rant::rant:

Just managed to get a chance to look at score. I'll take that against Chelsea. Good job.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just read the BBC match report and ratings.

14 (fourteen) Brighton players scored higher than Lukaku according to them,

Although that report also gives "Player of the match" to a man who didn't come on until the 80th minutes and only touched the ball 7 times :lolol:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just read the BBC match report and ratings.

14 (fourteen) Brighton players scored higher than Lukaku according to them,

From Sky:

Screenshot_20211229-233317__01.jpg

Mostly agree with that, though the 5 for Hudson-Odoi and 6 for Pulisic are generous. Cucu and Biss were level for MoM for me until the cross for the equaliser, so I'd have given it to the former.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
From Sky:

View attachment 143210

Mostly agree with that, though the 5 for Hudson-Odoi and 6 for Pulisic are generous. Cucu and Biss were level for MoM for me until the cross for the equaliser, so I'd have given it to the former.

I agree with that......maybe minus 1 for the CFC players and Plus 1 for the Albion players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here