Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes I think Potter if zonal marking Maupay told to take that space. Not hard . If he finds Lukaku is there should swap with Burn. Dont tell me he wasnt marking him
He wasn't marking him as such or he would have stayed goalside.
We did everything else like champions of Europe though.......didn't we???

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Must be so hard having to bring on German internationals

Don't you see that if you've already effectively told your players you expect to see them struggle, then that is what is going to happen?

They won't try quite as hard, will they? They won't press quite as high. They will hang off, giving the opposition just a little bit more respect and space.

It's because the boss has already told them, and has gone public with it (so it must be true!), that the game will be difficult for them !

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Just a week or so ago, I was astonished at just how badly we can play.
Tonight, I was once again astonished, at just how well we can play.
Never a dull moment in the ups and downs of being a Brighton fan. :)
All credit to the entire team, tonight - fab performance, a great match to watch, and I hope the guys are buzzing enough after that, to tear Everton a new one.
Brilliant way to end 2021! :salute: :bhasign:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The couple of chances they did get I thought were just lucky rebounds or deflections off players that fell kindly to them.

They can bring Alonso and Kante on as a subs and complain about players bing tired. Twats. James only went off because Lamptey made everyone in the ground realise they kept the wrong player!!! :lolol:

Lamptey broke james :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That was a fecking awesome performance, thank you Albion and thank you Graham Potter :bowdown:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Just a week or so ago, I was astonished at just how badly we can play.
Tonight, I was once again astonished, at just how well we can play.
Never a dull moment in the ups and downs of being a Brighton fan. :)
All credit to the entire team, tonight - fab performance, a great match to watch, and I hope the guys are buzzing enough after that, to tear Everton a new one.
Brilliant way to end 2021! :salute: :bhasign:

You must be new around here Or part of the missed generation :lolol::lolol:
Mediocre we don’t do :D

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
“Mwaaaaarrrr we have no wingbacks”…… we could sell them Big Dan if they have £50m

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Don't you see that if you've already effectively told your players you expect to see them struggle, then that is what is going to happen?

They won't try quite as hard, will they? They won't press quite as high. They will hang off, giving the opposition just a little bit more respect and space.

It's because the boss has already told them, and has gone public with it (so it must be true!), that the game will be difficult for them !

That level of negativity must pervade through the entire club.

We are very very lucky

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Tuchel having his tummy tickled in a post match press conference on Sky sport news, 2 nailed on penalties and Dean should have let Chelsea score and not blow up for a foul, apparently.
The bloke is a complete :tosser:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I only watched on Amazon, but our fans were amazing. Almost non-stop singing, so loud and definitely the 12th man when we needed it around 75 minutes. And they roared in the goal.

Huge respect - we've always been decent, but stepped up since "Boo-gate".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here