Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We are embarrassing, I know it’s Chelsea but they have been abysmal for months, they SCRAPED past Cardiff with some awful officiating, and we’ve just rolled over like the nice little whipping boys that we are. We’re spineless, we’re clueless, we’re in massive trouble.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Not one shred of optimism to take from this. We are awful at the moment. Ok. I know its Chelsea but we have hardly had the ball let alone a shot on goal. God knows what we will lose by tonight and indeed on Saturday. I reckon 5-0 tonight now at least..

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I know we're playing Chelsea, but is it too much to ask to muster up a shot on goal?

No no no. You're not allowed to say that on here because the oldies get offended when they have to take the BHAFC beer glasses off.

Like I said earlier. We've been gutless. We are letting their back four start attacks in our final 3rd because we are scared of them.

Our back four have been great but there is not a lot you can do when the midfield let David Luiz run into our 3rd and open up space.

We lost the game before it started.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
This evening sums up one of the oddest thing I have found about playing in the Premiere League. For the thirty odd years I have been supporting the Albion I would ALWAYS be on tenterhooks listening to the radio or being at the game. A nervous wreck. Palace or Rochdale. Didn't matter.

Now, and with the way we play, I am barely interested in these games. We can't win them and don't really try to.

I have checked in on Twitter a couple of times and then come here this evening. It's like we are not even playing.

Weird.... and a bit boring!!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Dunk goes to ground SO easily! He gets all these blocks but it's always so last ditch and him and Duffy play SO deep. Bruno has been telling them to push up in this game.
I think one of the last people you should be having a go at is Dunk, at least he knows how to pass the football and can occasionally execute a long range pass too. This concept seems alien to most of our other players who prefer aimless hoofs to start another wave of Chelsea pressure.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Worrying how Cardiff can muster a fight while we sleep walk our way into these games

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
To be fair, as much as this hurts, this has been coming all season long. City will steamroller us in the first 20 on Sat, by which point our fragility will see us undone by at least one or two. We're miles away from the reality of this division, in a different postcode.

However, these harsh lessons may serve to wake the club up and I'm sure give us greater resolve in our next few home games.

Chris will be feeling it more than any of us, this is his team, tactics and system and we're getting murdered.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
can we just get 4 reds and get the game ended now please?

No. It's time for our trademark late storming finish.........⚽⚽⚽

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’ve got closer to Chelsea midfield than Propper and I’m in Robertsbridge

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For me the most depressing thing about tonight's game is the fact they're still playing better than they did on Saturday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We are embarrassing, I know it’s Chelsea but they have been abysmal for months, they SCRAPED past Cardiff with some awful officiating, and we’ve just rolled over like the nice little whipping boys that we are. We’re spineless, we’re clueless, we’re in massive trouble.

We haven't been good enough since Christmas. Need to do some serious surgery in the summer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This is embarrassing, Chelsea have been abysmal for months, they SCRAPED past Cardiff with some awful officiating

.......and they then go and score 3 goals bordering on World Class. Not much we could have done against those shots. That’s football. Fingers crossed City have an off day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here