Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know I shouldn't feed a troll but ..... 25 games as listed below. To be honest the number of games is irrelevant if you don't take off the blinkers whilst watching. Against Millwall he was our best attacking option for the time he was on and that was not unique.

I would be surprised if out of that number of games you could find 2 that he played in where he didnt look like a free kick just outside of the penalty area waiting to happen. Yers he is energetic and gets forward but also gives away too many free kicks at this level due to him being too slow to tackle, which he got away with in The Championship when he was one of our star performers. Unfortunately he hasnt stepped up to the mark when required this season to push himself for a starting spot.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
i am also member of Kayal fan club and think better then Stevens. Played well in all cup game and think he played in our 3 consecutive wins. I know it was Millwall but had more shots then Stevens has had all season

I think we caught Chelsea on a good day. They looked much better than last season.

If we let Ferdandidno (or Gündoğan) have his own way like Jorginho was allowed we will get beat again.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1284889/Live/England-Premier-League-2018-2019-Chelsea-Brighton

Jorginho 161 passes
Indeed giving him such an armchair ride was the root cause of why we had such a bad evening. I think Hughton is a pragmatist and will weigh the evidence that these tactics don't work

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here