Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Fought well in first half against a much better side

Most disappointing feature is we seem worse than last season and have squandered millions on mediocre players

Assuming we stay in the PL we will need at least three major upgrades this summer.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Saturdays team talk..... " keep it tight, keep a good shape, press forward if you get the ball in a good position and if you have cover that can tuck in behind you " " other than that, stay tight, cover each other and wait for them to run out of ideas and die of boredom and nick it on penalties. "

Do you think other teams still sit down and watch videos of our games as preparation?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Still at least we can now look forward to the usual tweets:-

Disappointed with the result, fans were brilliant, on to the next game at Wembley (smilie face)

I'll miss them, if they ever go.

Or the tweets from the players: "not the result we wanted. Fans were noisy. We go again on Saturday"

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Just got home wow that was another painful night but really didn’t expect anything different . It’s not the losing to Chelsea that’s pisses people off at the moment it’s the way in which we r losing . Gutless spineless clueless . And not just against top six teams .take out Dunk ,Duffy ,Ryan and maybe Andone the rest are not premier league and that’s the truth . No other premier league team would want any of this others . It’s so painful to watch at the moment have we got enough to survive ? I just don’t know is my honest answer . Even if we bought three or four better players in could u see Hughton changing the way he plays ? I can’t
Get pissed Saturday and enjoy the day cause the footy is going to b the worst part of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I love being in the Premier League, but tonight's game is another example of the massive downside of being in this league. Just as it was last season up there, we're just never in the game. We go out with zero belief, just purely on a damage limitation exercise. Everyone knows that man for man they are a better team all over the pitch, and its just a matter of time before their incessant pressure will open us up and we'll once again be losing.

It's actually quite soul-destroying to watch. I really don't look forward to these games against the big 6 away from home, we're invariably dead before we've started. Unless I've forgotten something, we've failed to chisel out so much as a point at any of them, and other than a couple of decent efforts at Man U, haven't even come close.

It is what it is, we are what we are, and nobody expects us to upset the applecart at these places, least of all it seems our own players or CH. The BIG games for us in this league are the ones against the dross. We're simply not set up to cope against any of the top 6, or even make it difficult for them. They barely have to turn up to beat us if we're away from the Amex.

I'm looking forward to everything about Saturday, except the game.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's odd. I know all of the reasons why this is a great time to be an Albion fan so why does it feel so bloody grim?

Saturday should be a wonderful day but the excitement is tempered by the fear we could end up on the wrong side of a cricket score.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I love being in the Premier League, but tonight's game is another example of the massive downside of being in this league. Just as it was last season up there, we're just never in the game. We go out with zero belief, just purely on a damage limitation exercise. Everyone knows that man for man they are a better team all over the pitch, and its just a matter of time before their incessant pressure will open us up and we'll once again be losing.

It's actually quite soul-destroying to watch. I really don't look forward to these games against the big 6 away from home, we're invariably dead before we've started. Unless I've forgotten something, we've failed to chisel out so much as a point at any of them, and other than a couple of decent efforts at Man U, haven't even come close.

It is what it is, we are what we are, and nobody expects us to upset the applecart at these places, least of all it seems our own players or CH. The BIG games for us in this league are the ones against the dross. We're simply not set up to cope against any of the top 6, or even make it difficult for them. They barely have to turn up to beat us if we're away from the Amex.

Why I decided not to throw good money after bad and stayed home / let my ticket go to waste. No wonder we don’t sell our allocations now. Most we can hope for is a shot on target against the big boys it seems. Was all very different back in Div 1 days but now, it’s just boring to watch. New Spurs stadium and then I’m done with watching us away against the Big 6. Time they all cleared off to their Super League anyway.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just got up and read the last few pages of this, business as usual then.
Won’t bother watching the replay after work, got a score prediction point though, silver lining.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Nicely summed up Easy. What block are you in on Saturday?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Well done to all those that stayed to the bitter end.

Mixed emotions tonight. Hazard and Hudson Odoi almost unplayable.

Roll on Saturday, but more so the Cardiff game. Up the Albion.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Well done to all those that stayed to the bitter end.

Mixed emotions tonight. Hazard and Hudson Odoi almost unplayable.

Roll on Saturday, but more so the Cardiff game. Up the Albion.

We were nearly rewarded with a goal for those of us that staid. Just got back from the "fast train" to Brighton. It was a great day apart from the result and the train back. I'm just going to enjoy Saturday no matter what.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It's odd. I know all of the reasons why this is a great time to be an Albion fan so why does it feel so bloody grim?

Because modern football is grim. It started with changes to match-day income distribution and a breakaway to what we know as the Premier League where a handful of clubs have done everything in their power to ensure they receive as much of the pie as possible. Every year the gap seems to be more difficult to bridge, and these particular clubs are now so, so far ahead that it's basically a different league for them as it is for us.

League finishes must be staggeringly consistent at this point for the top 10, compared to pre 1993.

Everyone else is on the same mission to consolidate their position via financial doping to stay on the gravy train.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just got home after walking up from the Amex to Woodingdean.

The pluses a) having 3 pints bought for me before the game by Chelsea fans b) a very good political discussion about state of Israel on coach home. c) the fans that travelled.

The downside is how poor we were tonight, hoped we would have woken up after Saturday but still asleep.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Because modern football is grim. It started with changes to match-day income distribution and a breakaway to what we know as the Premier League where a handful of clubs have done everything in their power to ensure they receive as much of the pie as possible. Every year the gap seems to be more difficult to bridge, and these particular clubs are now so, so far ahead that it's basically a different league for them as it is for us.

League finishes must be staggeringly consistent at this point for the top 10, compared to pre 1993.

Everyone else is on the same mission to consolidate their position via financial doping to stay on the gravy train.

And all with the threat of a break away European Super League. My answer to this is and had always been.....'See ya then"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here