Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Played alright - fans brilliant - class finish and Hazard the main difference. Frustrating to watch us give the ball away a lot but we just don’t have the squad to compete - that’s the same for most of the prem outside top 6 I’m afraid. This is what the prem is like a lot of the time. Proud though.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Bored of watching defensive football. Just waiting for a mistake and Chelsea score again. So predictable.

Its the same in the City v Cardiff game though. These teams are just too good for the likes of us and Cardiff.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I know others have asked, but what is/has happened with Izzy? If he's unfit why is he consistently named on the bench? If he's not right for other reasons, again why is he on the bench? Let's face it he's easily our most likely man to fluke a worldie against a top six side, yet he's seemingly welded to the bench.

I'd rather he wasn't even on the bench tbh, it's like buying a box of fireworks and refusing to light any of the 'loud' ones, thus I'm left watching an endless array of promisingly named fountains; such as MOUNTAIN OF DOOM... gently fizzle in an array of colours, creating loads of smoke but zero excitement... I want to look to the heavens and be enraptured by a celestial ocean of colour... Alas I'm here, in the drizzle watching another traffic light slowly burn down to die. Even the embers seem depressing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bored of watching defensive football. Just waiting for a mistake and Chelsea score again. So predictable.
Southampton was the game for that comment. This was the right way to play against Chelsea IMO. Let's face it, this was always on the cards.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good first half against a squad stronger in every department. A quality finish the difference.

Referee has been fair and spot on, for a change.

Bissouma, Ali J, Andone all look good.

No complaints so far. Hopefully we can nick a goal.

Exactly this. Perfectly decent. Incidentally I can see Solly becoming a full back. His defending is very good. We seem to have so much more wherewithal than vs stains.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Did the commentator just say our back four only cost £10M ?

Duffy - £4
Bruno - ?
Dunk - Youth ?
Bong - Free ?

I would hazard nearer £4M

I think Hazard is worth more than that mate

No gameplan other than to defend for the total 90. How many times does that work?

Weak links have been the wingers, March and Ali J lose the ball too easily. Could AK have done more to block the cross. Been hard on Stephens of late but he’s done ok this evening

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
If you don’t see the pluses in that half you shouldn’t be a Brighton fan. Stephens was excellent. Bissouma is a joy to watch. Bong has been tenacious, just love watching Bruno play and Andone is the smiling assassin. Chelsea have played well and deserve their lead but this performance is a 100% better then the dross served up against Saints.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good first half against a squad stronger in every department. A quality finish the difference.

Referee has been fair and spot on, for a change.

Bissouma, Ali J, Andone all look good.

No complaints so far. Hopefully we can nick a goal.

11 attempts to 1 paints a different story ... keep knocking on the door and you’ll score.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Its the same in the City v Cardiff game though. These teams are just too good for the likes of us and Cardiff.

Sitting back for 90 mins and hoping for a lucky break hardly ever works. Our record against the top 6 away from home is pathetic because we sit back.

Glad i don't pay to watch that shit away from home.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Southampton was the game for that comment. This was the right way to play against Chelsea IMO. Let's face it, this was always on the cards.

Spot on.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Why is Knocky not getting hate? he got outclassed. If that was any other of our wingers you guys would be calling for his head. Shame.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Screenshot_2019-04-03 neil-warnock jpg (JPEG Image, 640 × 480 pixels).jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Our only chance of getting anything is to not concede in the first 30 mins of the 2nd half, then go for the equaliser in the hope that Chelsea switch off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No gameplan other than to defend for the total 90. How many times does that work?

Weak links have been the wingers, March and Ali J lose the ball too easily. Could AK have done more to block the cross. Been hard on Stephens of late but he’s done ok this evening
Hardly ever, but the fact is we cannot compete against clubs like Chelsea. I agree with your comment on Ali J, if you can't retain the ball in a game like this and with the team set up like this, we may as well be playing with 10 men.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Played alright - fans brilliant - class finish and Hazard the main difference. Frustrating to watch us give the ball away a lot but we just don’t have the squad to compete - that’s the same for most of the prem outside top 6 I’m afraid. This is what the prem is like a lot of the time. Proud though.

We failed to beat a side below us on Saturday that's the issue here..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here