Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have absolutely no complaints about our performance so far, we are simply being outclassed

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Our midfield steals the chance of attacking

I OFFICIALLY DONT CARE NOW - I WILL SETTLE FOR 17TH PLACE - which means all we need to do is match Cardiffs result each week and we will finish 5 points ahead of them.ManC doing the favour so far

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Chris needs to earn his salt now.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I have absolutely no complaints about our performance so far, we are simply being outclass
ed

Yep. Tonight you just have to hold your hands up and say fair enough.
We NEED to wake up when playing the games against teams outside top 6 though. Those are the games that count, and we haven't turned up in enough of those games

Only 1 down though tonight... You never know...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Perhaps we should try hypnosis? Can we persuade the team that our opponents are Palace every week?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Our speed of thought when in possession is too slow to affect the game

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bored of watching defensive football. Just waiting for a mistake and Chelsea score again. So predictable.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Bored of watching defensive football. Just waiting for a mistake and Chelsea score again. So predictable.

Go and watch Citeh instead then. They're on SKY - channel 401.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
What to say ?
Better than Saturday - well would have been difficult to be worse , so yes better
Likely to get a better result than Saturday - not a chance on the first half display I am afraid to say , despite looking fairly solid at the back and actually having a chance or two I feel Chelsea have at least 3 more gears to go through which we dont

End result ? - likely to be a brave effort against a tops 6 side but unlikely to score so unlikely to get any points

But I live in hope even though its the smallest amount of hope I have had this season sadly.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We'd get smashed playing any other way against the top teams, though. We simply don't have a squad like wolves to have a real go. Tonight I understand it. Playing defensively at home against the likes of Southampton, though, definitely not...

Answer 1
Like we did against Man Utd in both home games since promotion? Like we did at home v Arsenal last season? Why does it have to be 'pack the defence and delay the inevitable' or 'get smashed with any other approach'?. That's a nonsense myth, it's simplistic argument that makes football tactics out to be all or nothing. As if if you don't park 10 men behind the ball for all 90mins you will lose 8-0. It's simply not true. I'm not saying abandon all defensive duties, play 1-1-8 (and send Ryan up front). But what we've been doing isn't working. What's the definition of insanity again?

Answer 2
We don't have the squad to play this way, either!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Shots 1 | Shots on target 0 | Corners 0

Thrilling.

We keep being told in threads to enjoy this ride, to lap it up, with it being far better than playing Bolton etc in the awful Championship.

So we need to be grateful simply to admire Hazard & co in the greatest show on earth.

On another (relative) positive, NSC punch-bag Muzza can’t cop it for this one :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here