Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea odds on tomorrow.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Actually I think there could be plenty to chuckle about (courtesy of Comedy Cucurella mainly)but just not the result.
Unfortunately he’s suspended after picking up a 5th yellow of the season against Newcastle.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They should thrash us every game with their budgets. In fact, given budgets they’d be 1/12 to win tomo but it just shows how shit they have been considering / how good we’ve been.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Unfortunately he’s suspended after picking up a 5th yellow of the season against Newcastle.
IMG_2840.jpeg

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
In the same way that a team has a 50% chance of winning when the odds are Evens (or 2 in Decimal odds), if the odds of a team to win are 8/11 (or 1.725 in Decimal), that equates to a 58% chance of them actually winning.
Right, 2 is evens....I can work that out now. Ta for explaining

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cheer up everyone....its like a morgue on rhis thread.
People are happy with our result in Athens, but they're being realistic about our chances tomorrow. Our players are either knackered or injured or suspended and we're away to a decent team. Realistically, we have **** all chance.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Newcastles injury list is broadly on par with ours too
I disagree with this. If Newcastle were to pick their strongest side then I expect it would contain
Pope (now injured but started yesterday)
Tino liv (cost 40 million and clear upgrade on burn. Gutted we did not get him)
Schar
Trippier
Joelinton
Bruno
Gordon
Almiron
Isak

So that is 9 of strongest side available. I have Botman missing (replaced by club captain) and a central midfielder instead of the kid.

Whereas we are likely missing the following first choice players (provided two when not sure who is first choice which shows even second choice is broken rather than bringing in club captain)

Estupinian
Mitoma
March
Pedro/fati
Ferguson/welbeck

Obviously dunk suspended and I would pick lamptey as best right back.

It is not just the number of injuries that needs to be considered but where they are. We are possibly missing our first choice front 4 and two of the obvious back ups.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
If the team is one-tenth as knackered as I am, were loose
Right, I've done my post-Athens recovery, got my away day mojo on and I'd like to change my response.

If the team is one-tenth as knackered as I am, we might do this.

Maybe.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
I disagree with this. If Newcastle were to pick their strongest side then I expect it would contain
Pope (now injured but started yesterday)
Tino liv (cost 40 million and clear upgrade on burn. Gutted we did not get him)
Schar
Trippier
Joelinton
Bruno
Gordon
Almiron
Isak

So that is 9 of strongest side available. I have Botman missing (replaced by club captain) and a central midfielder instead of the kid.

Whereas we are likely missing the following first choice players (provided two when not sure who is first choice which shows even second choice is broken rather than bringing in club captain)

Estupinian
Mitoma
March
Pedro/fati
Ferguson/welbeck

Obviously dunk suspended and I would pick lamptey as best right back.

It is not just the number of injuries that needs to be considered but where they are. We are possibly missing our first choice front 4 and two of the obvious back ups.
They are missing

Botman
Burn (Livramento is a right back only playing left back because Burn is out)
Longstaff
Willock
Wilson

All regular starters

Plus:
Murphy
Barnes
Targett
Anderson

All key members of their squad who regularly play.

P.S. Joel wants a quiet word about your Lamptey comment

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
They are missing

Botman
Burn (Livramento is a right back only playing left back because Burn is out)
Longstaff
Willock
Wilson

All regular starters

Plus:
Murphy
Barnes
Targett
Anderson

All key members of their squad who regularly play.

P.S. Joel wants a quiet word about your Lamptey comment
So two starters then.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We need to be realistic and acknowledge it's going to be very tough with all our injuries, the travelling, the extra games, the suspensions etc. Would be delighted with a point.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Right, I've done my post-Athens recovery, got my away day mojo on and I'd like to change my response.

If the team is one-tenth as knackered as I am, we might do this.

Maybe.
Lightweight .... I managed 2 x 3am finishes in Athens and now have done another night out 2 days after in another continent 5 hours behind the UK (after a 7 hour delay stuck on the plane!)........and I'm up and ready to go 90 mins after said night out, to watch the game.

On that basis, I expect our players to be fresh as a daisy and win 3-0 🌞

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Our overall record against Chelsea is piss poor. I am an optimist however and expect Brighton to win same as any other game but the odds are where I expect them to be.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Right, 2 is evens....I can work that out now. Ta for explaining
One of the advantages of decimal odds is that you can divide the decimal price into 100 to get the percentage chance it implies, and vice versa. So 3.5 implies 100/3.5 = 28.6pc chance, while a 25pc chance is 100/25 = 4 (or 3-1 in old money).

Opta's model had Chelsea as 44pc chances for the win, which is obviously odds-against - but just as I typed that, they went 1 up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We were 33-1 five minutes ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here