Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea odds on tomorrow.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Don't give us much chance at all tomorrow after the exploits in Athens, we looked leggy and sloppy for most of the game.
I'm certainly still done in.. and hope to be proven wrong

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Sorry to add more gloom but I really am not expecting us to pick up anything at Stamford Bridge.

Even if things were evenly stacked it would be a tough fixture but Chelsea have hit a bit of form , have a massively talented squad (even if they are not performing to that potential) plus they have a bit of incentive against us . We on the other hand have injuries/ suspensions/ tiredness etc etc.

I would be happy if we managed to continue our scoring in each league fixture run but think this might end tomorrow.

Gathering some points in the matches against Brentford, Burnley , Palace and Spurs would be a great effort this month considering our situation (and beating Marseilles)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Bite your hand off, probably taking the arm and a chunk of shoulder, for a draw.

Preferably uneventful goalless one

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I do feel we've had our fun with Chelsea now, and it's more likely than not that their enormous, trillion pound, hugely talented and very well rested squad will be able to scrape a narrow win against us at their place tomorrow.

Or....maybe not.......??????????
Their enormous, trillion pound, hugely talented and well rested squad got absolutely SPANKED by Newcastle last weekend, who are broadly on a par with us (minus the level of injury woe).

Chelsea remain a laughing stock. I'd chuckle HEARTILY if we somehow beat them.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sorry to add more gloom but I really am not expecting us to pick up anything at Stamford Bridge.

Even if things were evenly stacked it would be a tough fixture but Chelsea have hit a bit of form , have a massively talented squad (even if they are not performing to that potential) plus they have a bit of incentive against us . We on the other hand have injuries/ suspensions/ tiredness etc etc.

I would be happy if we managed to continue our scoring in each league fixture run but think this might end tomorrow.

Gathering some points in the matches against Brentford, Burnley , Palace and Spurs would be a great effort this month considering our situation (and beating Marseilles)
Although I'm not expecting anything tomorrow, I'd be delighted with a draw, I'm not sure Chelsea have really hit a bit of form at all. 8 points from their last 6 league games, we've got 7 points from out last 6.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Although I'm not expecting anything tomorrow, I'd be delighted with a draw, I'm not sure Chelsea have really hit a bit of form at all. 8 points from their last 6 league games, we've got 7 points from out last 6.
Yeah - their recent home form is worse than their away - so maybe a glimmer of hope there. UTA

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Their enormous, trillion pound, hugely talented and well rested squad got absolutely SPANKED by Newcastle last weekend, who are broadly on a par with us (minus the level of injury woe).

Chelsea remain a laughing stock. I'd chuckle HEARTILY if we somehow beat them.
Newcastles injury list is broadly on par with ours too

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I'm expecting us to lose tomorrow, sadly, given that we have so many 'regular' players injured, and Captain Dunk is banned for two games.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
If you had layed every home team in the PL that started at odds between 1.7 and 1.79 (at Bet365) in the last 2 seasons and a bit, you would have won your bet 43 times, lost 39 times, made 17.95 points profit at an ROI of nearly 22%. Chelsea's odds are currently 1.72. That said, once the teams are announced I would suspect the price will go below 1.7, but you never know.
I didn't understand a word of that!
What are the 1. somethings? What are the real odds, you know 2 to 1, 3 to 1 odds on? Please explain it in laymans terms(English)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What are the 1. somethings? What are the real odds, you know 2 to 1, 3 to 1 odds on? Please explain it in laymans terms(English)
1.7 is roughly 8/11, 1.79 is roughly 4/5.
It is much easier to work out your return using decimal odds. A £1 bet at 1.7 to win will return 70p plus your initial stake of £1.
Laying means you are betting against, so to win £1 if Chelsea fail to win at 1.7 will cost you 70p in liability (so you will lose 70p if Chelsea win).

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What I am actually saying is when Bet365 predict a team to have a likelihood of winning of 58% (odds of 8/11 roughly), they are wrong more often than they are right.

Last edited:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
1.7 is roughly 8/11, 1.79 is roughly 4/5.
It is much easier to work out your return using decimal odds. A £1 bet at 1.7 to win will return 70p plus your initial stake of £1.
Laying means you are betting against, so to win £1 if Chelsea fail to win at 1.7 will cost you 70p in liability (so you will lose 70p if Chelsea win).
Bloody kids inventing their own "new" cool ways to confuse us oldies.
I'd love to be chuckling at Chelsea tomorrow but unless something goes drastically wrong for them I don't see anything but a heavy defeat for our far travelled and battle weary soldiers.
Actually I think there could be plenty to chuckle about (courtesy of Comedy Cucurella mainly)but just not the result.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Too many posters are too negative. Of course Chelsea are favourites but we certainly have a reasonable chance of drawing or a lower chance of winning

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here