Chelsea in Paris

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I remember being in a pub in Watford near the ground on the roundabout I think, anyway it was full of brighton fans and a group at the back near the toilets had just met with a mate who strolled in and they patted him on the back with lots of " glad you made it mate" and " good to see you" etc after about ten mins the pub was singing the usual songs then went quiet, the lad who joined his mates started up " there ain't no black in the......... " wow let me stop you right there mate came the response from his mates and how long have you been outta the loop etc, anyway they told him off in no uncertain terms. Watching that unfold made me proud to be a Brighton fan. Off tangent I know

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can you imagine the frothing at the mouth outrage of the 'I'm not racist but' crowd if it had been a white man trying to get on a train and a bunch of brown Muslims were preventing him from doing so!

Because it's the other way around though it's OK!

No, it's not. Yours is an unhelpful comparison. An equal scenario in a different context would be treated with the same disdain.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sigh....here comes the faux shock and disgust that this country excels in these days.

I was expecting a mob of skinheads battering some chap minding his own business whilst chanting sieg heil. Instead all i saw was a total nothing incident that somehow is one of the main news stories in a world which has around 10 zillion more important issues going on. This is the thing about this film everything society these days, anything can look bad when we are sitting in doors and its sensationalised by the media. All i saw was a bloke trying to get onto a train, a brief arguement with some other blokes who pushed him off and then about 3 other people singing a silly song.*

Anyone can act the fool in certain situations for a split second and then look back and think 'what a idiot, dont know what i was thinking, just got caught up' and ive seen things that if they were filmed, would have the Guardian readers in tears at brighton over the years and sometimes by those that should know better.

Poor behaviour, yes. Embarrassing for those involved? Yes. Surely that is where it ends though?

I would love to have seen your reaction if this was a group of Muslims stopping a white man getting on the tube. Thread on within 30 seconds of the DM expressing its outrage I would think.

In fact the most disappointing thing about this whole thread is I had you coming in at post 4 to defend it and you waited till the second page.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

Jan 30, 2008
Surprised this has not been posted yet.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-prevent-black-man-boarding-paris-metro-video

Chelsea's statement

The club said: “Such behaviour is abhorrent and has no place in football or society. We will support any criminal action against those involved, and should evidence point to involvement of Chelsea season ticket holders or members the club will take the strongest possible action against them including banning orders.”

nothing to see here ,can't believe it's got this much publicity
regards
DR

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Jan 30, 2008
Sigh....here comes the faux shock and disgust that this country excels in these days.

I was expecting a mob of skinheads battering some chap minding his own business whilst chanting sieg heil. Instead all i saw was a total nothing incident that somehow is one of the main news stories in a world which has around 10 zillion more important issues going on. This is the thing about this film everything society these days, anything can look bad when we are sitting in doors and its sensationalised by the media. All i saw was a bloke trying to get onto a train, a brief arguement with some other blokes who pushed him off and then about 3 other people singing a silly song.*

Anyone can act the fool in certain situations for a split second and then look back and think 'what a idiot, dont know what i was thinking, just got caught up' and ive seen things that if they were filmed, would have the Guardian readers in tears at brighton over the years and sometimes by those that should know better.

Poor behaviour, yes. Embarrassing for those involved? Yes. Surely that is where it ends though?
spot on ,some busy body gets his camera out and hey presto IT'S THE TALK OF THE TOWN , deary me what's it all coming to
regards
DR

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
We're Normans. What's the difference?

A thousand miles or so; the Norman's were essentially Vikings that invaded and settled in norther France (Normandy) the French were, well from France (Burgundians etc).

It was important a thousand years ago..........

Jan 30, 2008
i remember being in a pub in watford near the ground on the roundabout i think, anyway it was full of brighton fans and a group at the back near the toilets had just met with a mate who strolled in and they patted him on the back with lots of " glad you made it mate" and " good to see you" etc after about ten mins the pub was singing the usual songs then went quiet, the lad who joined his mates started up " there ain't no black in the......... " wow let me stop you right there mate came the response from his mates and how long have you been outta the loop etc, anyway they told him off in no uncertain terms. Watching that unfold made me proud to be a brighton fan. Off tangent i know
i remember the British bulldog paper being sold at the bottom of Goldstone lane ???
regards
DR

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's not ok , I've never said that , it's cringe worthy , I'm just adding some context that's all , last year we all saw a white girl get beaten up on a night bus yet there were people on here breaking their necks to argue it wasn't a racist attack , I think the chelsea fan interviewed on ITV news wearing a red ski jacket (me) sums it up well !
Is this available to see or did you sum it up well enough to be put on the cutting floor?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I would love to have seen your reaction if this was a group of Muslims stopping a white man getting on the tube. Thread on within 30 seconds of the DM expressing its outrage I would think.

In fact the most disappointing thing about this whole thread is I had you coming in at post 4 to defend it and you waited till the second page.
Where have I 'defended' it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports