Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea in Paris

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
If the story is true and happened just as it is reported, then these scumbags are a disgrace who deserve all that they get. However a reasoning mind asks:

Has a complaint been lodged? Do we have the testimony, to the authorities, of anybody on the train in good earshot? What happened before the video starts?.....Assumptions can easily be made.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do people remember the pre-season friendly? Had to queue up with them for the trains back and in my experience they were by far the biggest scumbags who ever visited the Amex - picking fights at random among themselves, with Albion fans and with the Falmer station stewards. Total nightmare

I went to the pre-season friendly, but don't remember any problems. Probably because we stayed behind in the north stand for a drink and most of the crowd had cleared by the time we wanted to leave.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Although...
you only ever starts threads on here with soppy anecdotal Daily Mail-esque articles about how minorities are being looked after over the poor downtrodden working class white. And then you see those working class whites acting like this and you act like apparently it's OK because they're not battering the black bloke.

Excellent call out Simster. :thumbsup:

Running through any NSC thread on immigration there is always an "ugly undercurrent of racism" promulgated or implied by a coterie of bullying xenophobics, often as not with [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] at the vanguard.

Those kind of obnoxious sentiments may have found a natural home historically in Apartheid or Fascism or the the Colour Bar & KKK and today in ISIS but they are anathema to any society that considers itself civilised.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
While im not defending their actions, its a bit of a non story. The guy is pushed back and keeps trying to get on the train. There are a lot of people waiting for the next one. Why couldn't he?
The "we're racist" chant is disgusting but only sung by a few who got caught up in the pact mentality after a few drinks.

By Paris standards that train was almost empty so why should he wait for the next train?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just watched the video on the Guardian's website. The perpretators come across as dim bullies, with the added and very deliberate element of racism. No excuses in my opinion. I hope they are all tracked down, get life bans from Chelski and England games, and are brought back to Paris to face justice.

It had to be Chelsea fans. Some friends (with little football interest or bias) were flying back from Valencia just a few years back, unluckily on the same flight as Chelsea fans after a CL game. They were disgusted by the pack of bald, Burberry cap-wearing and pis*ed Chelsea fans all taunting and mimicking the (probably) gay air stewards the entire flight.

Abram's money has certainly not bought them class.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If the story is true and happened just as it is reported, then these scumbags are a disgrace who deserve all that they get. However a reasoning mind asks:

Has a complaint been lodged? Do we have the testimony, to the authorities, of anybody on the train in good earshot? What happened before the video starts?.....Assumptions can easily be made.

Yeah maybe the black guy started it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
****ing hell! Seriously? :ffsparr:

The Chelsea statement should have read: 'We don't want racist scum supporting our club'
Every single club has many racist fans and I mean many...Just that many fear speaking their mind in modern day britain because of what will happen to them.
Racism will never go away and its rife in most if not all countries???
Im not offended by those videos and why should I be?
As per usual the media and all the black associates all steam in all guns blazing just because a bunch of drunken fans are racist and tarnish the whole club because of a few drunks mmmm.

anyway it was in Paris on a tube,so should not be seen as a football thing....these things happen every day numerous times and yet because it's football the media completely milk it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Every single club has many racist fans and I mean many...Just that many fear speaking their mind in modern day britain because of what will happen to them.
As per usual the media and all the black associates all steam in all guns blazing just because a bunch of drunken fans are racist and tarnish the whole club because of a few drunks mmmm.

anyway it was in Paris on a tube,so should not be seen as a football thing....these things happen every day numerous times and yet because it's football the media completely milk it.

Fear speaking their mind because of what will happen to them ? Good - as it's illegal, what will hopefully happen to them is the full force of the law.

You've got to be fishing with this post. Good effort though.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Absolutely I can, because they have no concept or understanding of racism. They are plenty of them hanging around here.
Why do people need to understand racism?
What makes you think that the world was meant to be one big love fest?
Maybe in the animal kingdom all animals should groom eachother and not eat eachother?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why do people need to understand racism?
What makes you think that the world was meant to be one big love fest?
Maybe in the animal kingdom all animals should groom eachother and not eat eachother?
Eating for survival and abusing someone for being different to them is a remarkable comparison.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Shows how different our moral compasses are then, because I couldn't bring myself to even watch that Paris video because I knew I'd find it too depressing.
Fairplay to you although racism is pretty much a normal thing and happens in many ways...If I saw a white man in the street call a black man a ni**er I honestly wouldn't batter an eyelid.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Fear speaking their mind because of what will happen to them ? Good - as it's illegal, what will hopefully happen to them is the full force of the law.

You've got to be fishing with this post. Good effort though.
Im not fishing and just because I have a diffrent view you don't like it..
Yes it's illegall and if it wasn't racist abuse would go through the roof

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's the cycle of life pal and many races will not get on wether it's religion or skin colour..the sooner people get this the better.

In a civilised place like western Europe, why would a group of white men "not get on" with a man they have never met before just because he has a different "skin colour" to them?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It's the cycle of life pal and many races will not get on wether it's religion or skin colour..the sooner people get this the better.

Oh that's ok then, we might as well all just shoot each other now then, get it over with then.

Personally I think the fact that we as a human race have evolved and have a distinct advantage in terms of intelligence (at least in the majority) means that we should be able to appreciate thet it is instead an advantage to the human race to get on with each other.

Whilst that is arguably an ideal situation I think that it is something worth striving for and not just giving up because we evolved from relatively dumb animals millions of years ago, at least in the majority.

Seems that some people don't have this opinion though.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods

Well good for you then, not being offended. Of course, it's all the "media and all the black associates" fault for bringing this despicable act to everyone's attention.

Are you more annoyed that these cretins got caught on film than their complete lack of respect & disregard of another human being simply due to the colour of his skin?

Judging people & unfairly treating them simply on the basis of skin colour is so shallow & offensive, I really don't know where to begin. On that basis, hypothetically, a 4th or 5th generation black English person who has been educated in this country, works, pays their taxes & does charity work would be discriminated against over a white Eastern European migrant who smuggled themselves into the country yesterday & doesn't speak a word of English & has no intention of working. An extreme example you might think, but I have SEEN this in Brighton. F*ck*ng shameful.

Very sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here