Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea Caribou tickets

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
So twenty minutes after opening to all season ticket holders there are about 160 left most of those in the recently released block SU3. I am thinking that there will surely be at least one more upper block probably two with my Albion + to come on monday.
So frustrating. Went to buy tickets, but now will wait until more of the Upper Tier is released. Why do people with the most points get the worst seats as first choice when we know we're going to sell more tickets?!
As suspected better tickets now on sale. I waited and got upper tier behind the goal.

Why didn’t these go on sale at the time?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
As suspected better tickets now on sale. I waited and got upper tier behind the goal.

Why didn’t these go on sale at the time?
Firstly well done for waiting although can sometimes not work out as well as today.
So by looking at the way these were released i surmise that the club agreed with Chelsea, that in order to get the largest support to this match that they could, they would take the whole of the shed end of the ground. But with an opportunity to return some upper tier blocks provided they guaranteed to sell the complete lower tier as that presumably cannot be easily segregated. So they opened most of the lower tier first with only one upper tier block SU2 (the front of which was held for players comps etc). They also held a large block of seats between SL2 and SL3 which was big enough to move all the people in that upper block into if sales were particularly poor. As sales progressed they released more of those they were holding in the lower and then finally today started releasing more of the upper blocks firstly SU3 then SU4 and SU5 in quick succession. The fact that the right hand side of SU5 has not been opened suggests to me that they are now thinking that may well be it and are going to use that side as a separation zone. The release of blocks always has to be done in a way that means the club will not get caught with a lot of unsold seats and consequently also means the people with highest points quite often get inferior seats. Personally i almost always feel the club adopt too cautious an approach when opening away sales, but then it is not my money!
Well you did ask!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
2800-3000
Suspect we will exceed that.
My calculations are approximately 2k gone with 2 days for Season ticket holders and My Albion + to come.
My Albion + members will be hungry for points + a fair few season ticket holders with family/friends on MyAlbion+ will have held back too

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Suspect we will exceed that.
My calculations are approximately 2k gone with 2 days for Season ticket holders and My Albion + to come.
My Albion + members will be hungry for points + a fair few season ticket holders with family/friends on MyAlbion+ will have held back too
So i think today is the day when we find out if the club is going to release another block or not. Has been on sale to my Albion + for twenty minutes now and after the initial rush there are now 138 left meaning sales so far of about 2700.

Seagull Stew

Me and the rest of the family arrive from New Zealand on Sunday. I did intend to watch at least one game in the three weeks while we are here. Now with The Chelsea game coinciding with when we are in London anyway, we are going to Four games! I had a bit of a panic when it said paper tickets only, but we can pick them up at Stamford Bridge, so all good!

Oh, and just so you know, I did go to Gillingham, so I’m not a ‘Johnny Come Lately’ fan.

Can’t wait!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So i think today is the day when we find out if the club is going to release another block or not. Has been on sale to my Albion + for twenty minutes now and after the initial rush there are now 138 left meaning sales so far of about 2700.
Pretty sure only half of the SU5 tickets were released.
So those will be made available first.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Pretty sure only half of the SU5 tickets were released.
So those will be made available first.
You are correct but if they are made available that would mean having to move the segregation zone into the block next door and we do not know if that is possible without the club having to commit to the whole of that block as well ? Interesting indeed.
9.36 and 130 left

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Is it okay that I used to have much more appetite to travel to Loftus Road to watch a Tuesday night 0-0 draw in December, than I do going 5 mins up the road to watch Chelsea in the Mickey Mouse cup?
Is this what Top 6 snobbery does to you?

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Is it okay that I used to have much more appetite to travel to Loftus Road to watch a Tuesday night 0-0 draw in December, than I do going 5 mins up the road to watch Chelsea in the Mickey Mouse cup?
Is this was Top 6 snobbery does to you?
Very difficult this season with 3 extra home games and the prospect of european away days.
I can see why demand for an easy London away day isn't what it should be.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Weirdly Stamford bridge Shed End is listed as 8,000 capacity, with the lower tier listed as 3k.
Looking at the ticket site there were only 250 seats in SL2-5 , leaving 2k in SL1 + SL6 .
Which doesn't seem very likely. Anyone know which sections we usually take for the league game?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Weirdly Stamford bridge Shed End is listed as 8,000 capacity, with the lower tier listed as 3k.
Looking at the ticket site there were only 250 seats in SL2-5 , leaving 2k in SL1 + SL6 .
Which doesn't seem very likely. Anyone know which sections we usually take for the league game?
we normally have SL1 and SU1 on the angle in the corner which i think is about 1500 seats
then SL2/3 and SU2/3 470 in lower and 930 in upper plus a few in adjacent blocks totalling 3000 altogether.
As i type this those seats you were talking about in SU5 have now been released, another 207 including front row available !

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Have done a bit more working out and come up with this. Assuming SL1 and SU1 are pretty much the same as SL7 and SU7 that would be about 3000. Then the lower blocks SL2-6 about 260 each so 1300 and uppers SU2-6 about 440 each so 2200. That would make a grand total for the whole shed end of about 6500.
Currently 270 left with some great seats still in SU5

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Despite relatively low sales am I right there’s no way I (a + member) can buy an extra ticket for a friend to come with me that has no purchase history? Hopefully they enable this at some point, as probably can’t be arsed on my own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here