Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton is going to be CRAP

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It's not a parody. It's a deception.

No, a clear parody - I suspect that [MENTION=22043]SeagullSongs[/MENTION] was writing under the (incorrect) assumption that more people were familiar with the previous thread. I don't think he was trying to deceive, it just worked out that way!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No, a clear parody - I suspect that [MENTION=22043]SeagullSongs[/MENTION] was writing under the (incorrect) assumption that more people were familiar with the previous thread. I don't think he was trying to deceive, it just worked out that way!

Deception deception deception.

Stamp stamp stamp!!!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Worryingly, I reckon I could do the thread again quite easily with no wind-up required.

After last Saturday's shambles, I fully expect us to get turned over.

Jimmy Grimble

But some more established people have been stung too, bizarrely. I loved the original thread, genuinely hilarious with hindsight. And then some of the mentel threads which followed...

I can't believe how many posters who were about at the time have gone for it!

And it's definitely a parody as opposed to deception.

Dandyman

In London village.
Charlton is going to be GREAT.

Fine pubs, pie and mash, good crowd and a desire from the players to prove themselves. Bring it on.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Here's why (possibly):

1) Ashley Barnes. After an (apparently) good performance against Palace on Saturday, I fully expect he'll be in the starting lineup. I'm slowly losing faith in Gus.

2) People getting on the players' backs. To be expected after the Palace debacle on Saturday. I for one will be joining them.

3) No atmosphere. We were shit on Saturday. Completely outsung by the scum, I don't see what 500 more fans will add to it.

4) Defensive woes. With Painter, Bridge, possibly El-Abd, Dunk and Bruno all out, who will we field? We're in for a hiding.

5) Charlton's form. They're second over the last 6 games, we're a good few places below them and will be low on confidence after being so comprehensively beaten and embarrassed by Wilfried Zaha.

I hope to be proved wrong, but I'm not particularly confident to be honest.

We have a great squad apart from the 2 strikers Gus insists on fielding every game,how many points have we thrown away this season.We now have a depleated squad through injuries so will be lucky to draw the games we have coming up to christmas, promotion no chance imho

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Nail. Head. The OP never normally posts WW style negative crap. [MENTION=22043]SeagullSongs[/MENTION] you can empty your net now. What was the final tally?

Hard to say, some of them are floundering around, half-in, half-out!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just cos you fell for it!

I think if you read back you'll find I never fell for it. My beef was the tiresome task of having to look for deceptions/parodies (we can argue that later.)

I am swimming just outside the net (but only because I saw others swim in. And some were sizeable fish.)

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Does the OP realise (probably not) that we go to away matches for
reasons other than the ridiculous ones the OP outlined?

ffs get a grip.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Does the OP realise (probably not) that we go to away matches for
reasons other than the ridiculous ones the OP outlined?

ffs get a grip.

:lolol:
Try reading the rest of the thread? :p

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Honestly, I reckon I could do any lad from One Direction quite easily. I touch myself whenever I see pictures of the one called Niall, his lovely smile gets me all hot and bothered.

This is an odd time to mention this. It's a football forum you know???

Amazing that people are still being caught - they read the original post and then get incensed and go straight for the reply box without reading the rest of the thread - very dangerous unless you don't mind looking stupid.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
seagulls songs,

Nope. Re-read the thread and still haven't changed my opinion.

If you are trying to be ironic - then you're not very good at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here