Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton fans appeal for help

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Another NO from me.

I am however MORE than happy to chip in for a poster OUTSIDE the Valley advertising Prem League football by the seaside when it happens.

Hell I will even drive one of the free coaches that the club may want to provide.

Afterall THEY ****ING DID IT TO US WHEN WE WERE AT GILLINGHAM.

Never forget. Why do we bum lick Charlton I will never ever know.

Even Palace never stooped so low.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Always remember at least a coach full turning up for Fans United!
For those of us who went through that time and turmoil of our club, it would be totally disgraceful if we didn't support them now when they are in need of our support!

Nope. Our time of need was also thru Gillingham. But Charlton were happy to organise free coaches from sussex advertising prem football. As far along rhe coast as Eastbourne.

So **** them.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Nope. Our time of need was also thru Gillingham. But Charlton were happy to organise free coaches from sussex advertising prem football. As far along rhe coast as Eastbourne.

So **** them.

They were never free. They were initially £5 then £7 and now £8.50 (yep, they still run from Brighton, Worthing. Crawley, Eastbourne, Hastings and all over Kent for every home game, although I suspect they don't need quite so many of them these days).

The way Valley Express was spun in the press by moaning Gills Chairman Paul Scally means people have got a slightly twisted interpretation of what it was/is...

Basically, when we ground shared in the mid-80s some branches of our supporters club started running coaches to home games at Selhurst then Upton Park. These continued when we returned to the Valley and covered a fair geographic spread (including our Brighton & West Sussex branch). During the Premier League era the main supporters club closed down (due to in-fighting) and the branches asked the club to take over organising the coaches. This is what they did - Valley Express as it was branded is just a continuation of cheap coaches to home games that have been run from places like Brighton since the 80s. The only difference is that the club now runs them instead of the supporters groups. I actually thought all clubs had supporters coaches like this, and thus am quite surprised by the hostility to the idea of it.

Having said that - yes, sticking up posters advertising the service (and PL football) at Brighton station etc was a scummy thing to do.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
So if the two scumbags who ran our club back in the 90's decided to run coaches from SE London to the Goldstone, would Charlton FANS still hold a grudge? It wasn't their fans who ran these coaches. And many many of their FANS supported us when we so needed it. Too many people with very short memories.

As for some sort of protest or raising of the issue against these owners, it's a bit late in the day for Albion fans to do much except show some kind of support through applause at something that you will demonstrate in the away end.

You will certainly have my support as I remember how many Charlton fans came to Fans United and it was very humbling. Maybe someone has some pictures to remind us.

So **** them.

Not long ago we were sending out request for support to everyone and anyone,seems like we are nice and cosy in our new home and position and cannot hear the people who responded to our pleas! Very sad but i think a good few Albion will remember our past.:moo:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Having said that - yes, sticking up posters advertising the service (and PL football) at Brighton station etc was a scummy thing to do.

And for that reason IM OUT.

I wish you luck in your campaign but thats it.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

And that's what I can't understand with some posters on here. The thing with the flyers at Brighton station was organised by the club(right?). So why would some BHA fans hold that against the fans of Charlton when they're trying to protest against the club. It makes no sense to me anyway :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Any idea how many will be coming down from Charlton on Saturday, [MENTION=1792]fataddick[/MENTION], on coaches or otherwise...?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
judging by the empty seats at their home game at the weekend, they obviously don't give a monkeys about whatever it is they're moaning about, so why should we bother ? Blinkers on and focus on three points, that's all !

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Charlton 1-0 winners away to Birmingham, beat Sheffield Wed at home and lost Saturday. Not bad November for a team in crisis.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
brighton-fans-united-feb-1997-1.jpg

Never forget.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Any idea how many will be coming down from Charlton on Saturday, [MENTION=1792]fataddick[/MENTION], on coaches or otherwise...?

About 900 sold so far. I reckon maybe 1,200 tops by Saturday. A lot of people just not bothering with Charlton until the Chairman goes, eg none of my Addicks mates are coming down on Sat but half of them will be down next week for Lewes v Dulwich. A sizeable chunk of our support just don't have the passion for watching Charlton in its current state :(

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Yes I remember our crowds of 30,000 when we were in turmoil.

For Christs sake you lot who have forgotten; read Build A Bonfire or something. Remind yourselves or do some research if you are 16 years old or under!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What are they protesting against? I am completely clueless as to what is going on at Charlton?

Is it because they have become part of a feeder club or something along those lines?

I Havent heard of huge debts or plans to sell the ground. Just looks like poor performances and a string of odd managerial appointments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here