Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton fans appeal for help

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nobody has yet explained what the actual GRIEVANCE is yet. And I for one cannot be bothered to GOOGLE it. As has been pointed out, when we were in the shit they attempted to capitalise rather THAN help. So I'd like to know what desperate situation they find themselves in.... and then LAUGH as we take three points from them. #goingdownwithbolton

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Not really the sort of thing to do at an away Club. Shows disrespect for our Club. Fine to join in when we are away at Charlton.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace def do hate Charlton btw - I think it stems from Charlton being the biggest club in South East London or something...?

el punal

How many of them will come? I'm not expecting big numbers but would be good if they got a decent turnout.

As for joining in, what is the protest about, what did the owners do apart from hiring and firing a string of rubbish Managers?

Isn't there a Belgian connection somewhere (i.e. the owner)? If true I suppose there could be a mass chucking on the pitch of Brussels sprouts as a protest.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Just looking on the Charlton forum ahead of their visit on saturday...

i see they are hoping we might join in with the protests aimed at their owners.

Maybe with a whole stadium chant (other than an anti Palace one) or something like that?

Probably one of the few sets of fans worth helping!?

Thoughts?

Always remember at least a coach full turning up for Fans United!
For those of us who went through that time and turmoil of our club, it would be totally disgraceful if we didn't support them now when they are in need of our support!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Always remember at least a coach full turning up for Fans United!
For those of us who went through that time and turmoil of our club, it would be totally disgraceful if we didn't support them now when they are in need of our support!

Yes, there were masses of Charlton down for it - little groups of them wandering all over the place.
I'd be willing to support if I knew what it was about. Where's Fat Addick when you need him?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nobody has yet explained what the actual GRIEVANCE is yet. And I for one cannot be bothered to GOOGLE it. As has been pointed out, when we were in the shit they attempted to capitalise rather THAN help. So I'd like to know what desperate situation they find themselves in.... and then LAUGH as we take three points from them. #goingdownwithbolton

The only thing I am aware of going on is that Someone on their board said that only 2% of those fans were dissatisfied with the way the club is being run, the fans suggest it's a bit more than that.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I know of a Middlesbough fan lives down here and is a Season ticket holder hardly misses a home game that's dedication

Addick1905

Apr 3, 2013
Good Morning Brighton fans, first of all many congratulations on your league position it's very well deserved, and hopefully you run will continue after saturday ;)

I know many of you are asking what the whole protest is about, I will try to give a decription below any of addicks on here please put your input in too.

Since Roland Dutchaleat bought Charlton, it has been nothing but a circus, managers swapping and changing, sub standard players being bought in from Leige and other clubs from Rolands Network, pretty much all of whom managers and players are all a pile of cack. He has been reluctant to invest into the squad with good english experience.

Roland Has employed a CEO Katrien Meire to respond to any fans queries. However she is just a Liar! Plain and simple liar. The whole 2% has started from, she stated that only 2% of Charlton fans are upset eith how the club is being run. Which is a lie. Which is why fans where holding up 2% banners on saturdays game. Katrien Meire is poison to all Charlton fans. Against Sheffield wednesday a few days back when there was a protest outside the ground Katrien was laughing and taking photos of the fans protesting.

Also many fans are upset of the manager recruitment, with us having 5 managers within the space of 2/3 years. This Carol Fella we have now has been recruited from the belgium 3rd divison, which for Charlton is simply not good enough. However this is only interim ( which many believe is more lies )

The Valley is a sour place to be at the moment, Many fans not bothering to turn up. Attendances dropping 100's by the game.

Also letting an INJURED Tony Watt, (when on his day is by far our best player) to Cardiff and for him to start straight away for them, is bizzare to say the least. Instead we are stuck with Makienok who is stealing a living from playing football, Hopefully you don't see him play on saturday.

There is so much more than what im telling, so please Charlton fans have an input too.

I know someone has started a thread on http://forum.charltonlife.com/discu...f-a-protest-for-saturday-brighton-away#latest with little views on how we can protest against the Belgiums at the Amex this Saturday. Any ideas from you Brighton fans would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to Saturday always love Brighton away. However

Please go easy on us we are a little fragile at the moment!!

Last edited:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Good Morning Brighton fans, first of all many congratulations on your league position it's very well deserved, and hopefully you run will continue after saturday ;)

I know many of you are asking what the whole protest is about, I will try to give a decription below any of addicks on here please put your input in too.

Since Roland Dutchaleat bought Charlton, it has been nothing but a circus, managers swapping and changing, sub standard players being bought in from Leige and other clubs from Rolands Network, pretty much all of whom managers and players are all a pile of cack. He has been reluctant to invest into the squad with good english experience.

Roland Has employed a CEO Katrien Meire to respond to any fans queries. However she is just a Liar! Plain and simple liar. The whole 2% has started from, she stated that only 2% of Charlton fans are upset eith how the club is being run. Which is a lie. Which is why fans where holding up 2% banners on saturdays game. Katrien Meire is poison to all Charlton fans. Against Sheffield wednesday a few days back when there was a protest outside the ground Katrien was laughing and taking photos of the fans protesting.

Also many fans are upset of the manager recruitment, with us having 5 managers within the space of 2/3 years. This Carol Fella we have now has been recruited from the belgium 3rd divison, which for Charlton is simply not good enough. However this is only interim ( which many believe is more lies )

The Valley is a sour place to be at the moment, Many fans not bothering to turn up. Attendances dropping 100's by the game.

Also letting an INJURED Tony Watt, (when on his day is by far our best player) to Cardiff and for him to start straight away for them, is bizzare to say the least. Instead we are stuck with Makienok who is stealing a living from playing football, Hopefully you don't see him play on saturday.

There is so much more than what im telling, so please Charlton fans have an input too.

I know someone has started a thread on http://forum.charltonlife.com/discu...f-a-protest-for-saturday-brighton-away#latest with little views on how we can protest against the Belgiums at the Amex this Saturday. Any ideas from you Brighton fans would be much appreciated.

Thanks for this Addick. I will be happy to join in anything on Saturday that helps, makes the point etc.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
My scaling the west stand wall days are over but i'm still willing to wear underpants on my head if it helps ...

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Troubling times and a 'sad state' as my Charlton buddy says. Keep strong and remember they will be Frank Bough at some point and locals can regain the club.
Maybe we have to be cruel to be kind tho, a 6-0 stuffing may be the start of the end of them!?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just looking on the Charlton forum ahead of their visit on saturday...

i see they are hoping we might join in with the protests aimed at their owners.

Maybe with a whole stadium chant (other than an anti Palace one) or something like that?

Probably one of the few sets of fans worth helping!?

Thoughts?
What have their owners done?

edit: just seen the above detail. Makes you wonder why the owners are running the club like this.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Maybe we have to be cruel to be kind tho, a 6-0 stuffing may be the start of the end of them!?

I've got a fiver on 5-0 (50/1 at Sky Bet). Maye if enough other Addicks did the same we could afford to buy our clown of a Chairman out.

Addick1905's summary covers most of it. The sense of disenchantment amongst Charlton support really is huge at the moment. I haven't had a season ticket for a couple of years (for various reasons) but of my mates that still did, half have chucked them in for this season and the half that still have them don't bother to use them - they go and watch Dulwich Hamlet instead even when Charlton are at home. It's reckoned about 50% of our ST holders no longer attend. No-one can see the logic behind what Roland Duchalet is doing. He spent a million quid on improving the stadium (new drainage etc) and there's a six million redevelopment of the training ground in the pipeline, yet we have the third lowest wage bill in the Championship and he refuses to increase it. The CEO alienates fans with one ridiculous thing after another - a fans' sofa by the corner flag, a Belgian hard house DJ in the supporters' bar pre-match, etc - and the whole thing increasingly has the air of some kind of bizarre social experiment rather than a serious attempt to run a competitive football club.

I'm not looking forward to Saturday at all - it will be embarrassing, this is the first game between the clubs where I've refused to have a pint per goal bet with an Albion mate - but at least the women's game on Sunday should be a decent contest (we're currently top of Women's Premier South on goal difference with Albion second)...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here