Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Austin for £4M

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
He's a southerner so he would see more of his family and I think it would be a prosperous move for him. Burnley is an absolute shithole. Ideal transfer target.

Bugs Hill

Jan 13, 2004
He's a southerner so he would see more of his family and I think it would be a prosperous move for him. Burnley is an absolute shithole. Ideal transfer target.

I know for a fact that he wants to leave Burnley, and does want to move South. His agent has spoken to us, but has also spoken to a number of other clubs, including Arsenal and Southampton. He has family in Bournemouth, so Southampton is obviously the best geographic move for him, but Burnley do not want to release him. Discussions with his agent are continuing but £4m will not be enough.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To spend large in January depends on how much we can get for CMS.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I think it would take £8,000,000 at least to bring Austin to The Amex; but he'd be a very good signing, even at that price.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I would love this to happen but other than Austin maybe wanting to be back on the south coast, why would he choose to join us instead of all of the other teams he will have the choice of? He will have Premier league and top championship teams after him, we're very much a mid table side.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Nightmare. Would rather 4million went to ANY other club. We would never hear the end of it.

The arranged swap for Hoskins would have worked, only a loon would pay 4million for Murray who is out of contract in 18 months.

Would be a step backwards in his career, surely, non?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here