Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Characters from The Goldstone North Stand - early eighties

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
👍

Like a Status Quo roadie, worked for BR I seem to recall.
He did but not now. Brilliant photo of him in the Times on one of numerous England away rampages we went to.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What about the chap in a flat cap and raincoat that had a ring pull through his nose and used to carry a large radio with aerial poking through a see threw bag and used to randomly shout out the other scores ,
Was the hat covered in hand painted references to his favourite players including "Sexy Malcolm Poskett""...? That bloke will be long gone and was a proper eccentric.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Was the hat covered in hand painted references to his favourite players including "Sexy Malcolm Poskett""...? That bloke will be long gone and was a proper eccentric.
Usually well pissed, the hand painted eight panel cap. Some of the lads would tap him up for a couple of bob, saying they’d lost their bus fare, they’d then spend it on sweets in the shop just before the tunnel near the bus garage

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Who was the guy, who used to stick his finger in his ear for some reason, and start the “give us a Beeeeeee” etc chant ?
oldish skinny guy, think dark hair, flat cap occasionally

Last edited:

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
3 I remember.
1st was a short guy with a tash, that slowly slid his hand over the buttocks of the teens when the crowd surged.
2nd was a guy we called Katanga, as he was missing a few fingers. He wore 70s style scarf on his neck and each wrist. He seemed to be on the train every time it was a long away day and we'd get trapped in a 6 seat apartment.
3rd we called Clap Hands. He was always at reserve games in the West Stand, wearing burgundy shoes, trousers, shirt, jumper, body warmer and gloves. He clapped at everything so you'd try and set him off by clapping randomly.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Prob late 80s - early 90s here but we always stood towards front of North Stand just to the left of the goal as you looked towards the pitch (oh how I miss that view). We gave names to numerous characters around us including Clapperboard Peeps, Radiohead, Pinhead, Blonds, Long Coat Loons, Cures, Hibs. Pins, Longs and Blonds always intrigued us as they used to play some game with coins. I love how even though we stood roughly together for a few years, we never spoke, but still see some of their faces at the Amex 😂😂

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
does anyone remember the two brothers (dont know if they were twins but they did look alike) They always used to turn up sozzled and I think one was called Paul ??? not sure though. Those two and another fella called Woody (I think) - was a small bloke with long hair and a tash. They used to start most of the singing when I was a lad and started going to games. Just reminiscing and wondering if they are still about ???
The guy with the tash used to start the songs when I first went in the north. He once sang “Barry Lloyds blue and white army” for the full 90 minutes virtually on his own. I’m glad other people remember him !

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
When reminiscing we often ask what happened to the two blokes in black leather jackets, always centre northstand and very regular
they seemed to just vanish off the radar
one was a bit skinny and shortish black hair and one was a bit REO Speedwagon that looked like an extra from the furry freak brothers

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Middle 80’s I was 16 and started going to away games by myself or with a mate, can’t remember his name some long blond haired fella used to look out for the younger’s if it kicked off, last time I saw him was Millwall away in league 1. Nice fella but a complete nutter. He didn’t care how many there were of opposing fans he would pile straight in 😄

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Steve from Portslade. Mid to late 80's, big fella with a tache. Last saw him on a bus in the Old Steine. Long time ago because we were both sitting upstairs smoking.
Obviously he may have shaved his tache, or lost some weight but, don't think I've ever seen him since......

Maybe he's still on the bus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here