Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Champions League Final

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Made a bundle by backing correct scores Man City 4-0 and 4-1 v Real Madrid second leg. Will be backing the same two scores tonight. Man City have just way too much fire power for Inter to deal with. In fact they may score more than four. Haaland owes them a massive Euro-performance for starters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
ABC

Suspect I’m out of luck though, shame it’s been good that the European Cup has thus far stayed out of the oily mitts of the sportswashers in Manchester and Paris but it wasn’t going to last forever.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I will be hoping for a city win only because they are English and not United but 140 financial irregularities makes it feel like cheating

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
ABC

Suspect I’m out of luck though, shame it’s been good that the European Cup has thus far stayed out of the oily mitts of the sportswashers in Manchester and Paris but it wasn’t going to last forever.

My thoughts exactly. We've had a lucky run where the cheating petrostates failed.

The PSG case is ridiculous. In a Mickey Mouse league, in a short space of time they bought Neymar, Messi and Mbappe, on astonishing wages.

Last edited:
Reactions: A1X

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Manchester City please. Call me old fashioned but I have no beef with them, they are still the “English” side (just) and I like to see the clubs playing the best football win. Manchester City under Guardiola are one of if not the best footballing sides in the history of the sport, for that reason I hope they can do it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Manchester City please. Call me old fashioned but I have no beef with them, they are still the “English” side (just) and I like to see the clubs playing the best football win. Manchester City under Guardiola are one of if not the best footballing sides in the history of the sport, for that reason I hope they can do it.

Sweeping the buying of players through mass financial cheating, under the carpet.

Guardiola should not have that squad of 25 talents.

Reactions: A1X

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ll be watc
I wonder how they'd fair if they complied with the rules? Do you also support drug cheats in athletics and cycling?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll support Citeh but fully understand those that don't.

The only reason I want them to win is that they'd eclipse the 1999 treble of Man Utd, because they'll have done it by beating Utd in the cup final. Quality chuckles for the blue third of Manchester right there I think.

Then for me it's back to hoping they lose in Europe (unless they play Chelsea or one of the consistently cheating or pretentiously overrated European "clubs" like PSG, Real Madrid, Barca and Juventus).

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I will be hoping for a city win only because they are English and not United but 140 financial irregularities makes it feel like cheating
140 financial irregularities doesnt "feel" like cheating, it IS cheating, and on a massive scale. The fact that Pep said he would leave if ever they were found to be cheating and yet happily stays and pretends everything is above board just shows he is as corrupt as the rest. I hope they get thrashed- i expect they wont, and the media wankfest will continue over this greatest ever team, sportswahing at its finest

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I'll support Citeh but fully understand those that don't.

The only reason I want them to win is that they'd eclipse the 1999 treble of Man Utd, because they'll have done it by beating Utd in the cup final. Quality chuckles for the blue third of Manchester right there I think.

Then for me it's back to hoping they lose in Europe (unless they play Chelsea or one of the consistently cheating or pretentiously overrated European "clubs" like PSG, Real Madrid, Barca and Juventus).
City did it with an endless pit of money. I don't get what's so special. Guardiola is basically playing real-life Championship Manager game with all the cheats on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
City did it with an endless pit of money. I don't get what's so special. Guardiola is basically playing real-life Championship Manager game with all the cheats on.
I won't argue that but remember that PSG haven't managed it, Chelsea last season finished bottom half, and football has been littered with these stories of money failing to bring in trophies.

Yes City have cheated by overspending, but so many big football clubs have cheated in different ways down the years, I've chosen to just accept that at least City are English and it would annoy Utd fans.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
My brother-in-law's a City fan. No idea why, he's from Kent. He did once tell me why, but I've forgotten. But he has supported them for decades, so from when they really were shit, and he's so excited about tonight's game that I find myself (rather begrudgingly) wanting a City win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here