Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering outlet at North end of WSU today...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£8.60 two bottles of Heineken is taking the piddle
It's a real shame the club don't advertise all prices at the point of purchase.

If only they did you wouldn't have felt the need to pay £4.30 a bottle and then complain about it, on here.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Special thanks to he chap in front of me in WSL who held up a queue for 10 mins demanding a receipt for a pint of harveys and the incompetent behind the till who didn't how to produce one.

That just reinforces the case for a single queueing system. Then a normal person would at least have a sporting chance of bypassing the fanny-arounders.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We decided not to use the concourses this season due to the poor quality of the pies, which had either been dried out by overheating, or the lucky dip effect where you never received the item that you ordered and were provided with a random substitute, something like ordering a steak and ale pie only to be severed the veggie option, or ordering a steak and ale and receiving a chicken and ham, or ordering a steak and ale and having a pie filled with Katomeat.

Today some friends of ours ordered tickets in WSL , so we meet on the concourse and revereted to pies and pints.

I ordered, but the girl on the till got my order wrong, quite simple I thought 2 pints of Harvey’s with 2 steak and ale pies, 1 larger with a steak and ale pie and another larger with a cheeseburger (so 4 pints, 3 pies and a cheese burger). We received 4 pints, 2 pies and 1 cheeseburger. Took the girl serving and her team leader a full 5 - 10 minutes to sort the mess out, and for us to receive a missing pie.

My boy’s cheeseburger then had no burger in it (some may say this was a bonus), took it back to get it replaced and was advised that they had already had 2 cheeseburgers returned today which were missing the burger.

Whilst the pies were excellent today (when we got them) more basic mistakes, so back to our own home made BLT’s next time.

Perhaps you confused her by stating what size pie you wanted?

Jul 7, 2003
Even if the Harveys lasted three weeks it still wouldn't be okay to use at the next home game.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
How do you serve a cheeseburger with no burger??! I get you might forget the cheese but you're a special kind of muppet to forget the burger. Twice. Astonishing incompetence that perhaps marks a new low in the dreadful service that is the Amex catering history!!!

Aren't they pre-packed so they just need to be nuked. Maybe its part of the burger makers cutbacks to randomly leave the burger out

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
The pricing is very strange. I wanted one cheese burger, a coke and a harveys.

If I had bought these 3 items it would have cost Cheese burger £4.20 plus coke £2.50 and harveys £3.90 = £11.60
however if I had a meal deal and added a mars bar that is normally £1.30 I could have either of the following deals

Meal deal with coke £7.00 plus a harveys for £10.90
or
meal deal with harveys £8.00 plus a coke for £10.50

It happens that I like Mars bars, but if I did not it would have made economic sense for me to buy it and bin it

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I feel a little guilty over this foodly facade. I couldn't make it to the game thanks to the unending difficulty in getting through and out of London despite all my soggy efforts, but come 2.30 or so i received a call from seat neighbour, the Richieman, longtime man-partner of my mother, who informed that he had bought a pie for himself, myself and my brother, who was to join me for the romp. I chortled nastily at the thought of the Richieman on his own at the Amex with an erect John Holmes heighted stack of Piglets on his lap to fend with. I hope he had the courage to offer the pies around to those he's never spoken to before and made a friend or two with the butternut squash delights he had with him. I imagine, though, that he went through two of them and carried the third one home to eat in the mini-bedroom he calls his own when my mother's bedded herself and the pang for crustiness goodness was reawoken in his ever-rumbling stomach.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Had absolutely no problems in the North 20 mins before KO - straight up to the guy at the centre kiosk - was served a hot and bloody nice Sausage and Mash Pie and a drink - no wait or anything.

Just to rub it in for those who had problems !!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Had absolutely no problems in the North 20 mins before KO - straight up to the guy at the centre kiosk - was served a hot and bloody nice Sausage and Mash Pie and a drink - no wait or anything.

Just to rub it in for those who had problems !!

Yup, centre kiosk in the North is the one to aim for. The kiosks at either end of the North are heaving with the happy smiling people who just love to join a queue without really knowing why. Probably same people who form a scrum round the doors of the trains when there's seats available in the middle of the carriage. Oh well, each to their own. :shrug:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Yup, centre kiosk in the North is the one to aim for. The kiosks at either end of the North are heaving with the happy smiling people who just love to join a queue without really knowing why. Probably same people who form a scrum round the doors of the trains when there's seats available in the middle of the carriage. Oh well, each to their own. :shrug:

100% this, only kiosk to sell chips in the North too - which are also fairly nice......even if it does work out at 10p per chip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here