Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering outlet at North end of WSU today...

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Queued pre match at the 'fast lane' for 10 minutes for a beer and they ran out just as I got to the front.

Went to the kiosk, another 10 minute queue, told when I got to the front they had to stop serving beer as it was 2.45 ( I thought it was ten to?)

Went to the main bar and bought a beer at 5 to 3!

It's no big deal if I manage to get a beer or not, it just always seems such a shambles.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
No Beer for us today, although we tried,
the pop-up Beer Only Bars in ESL have been removed, so went to the "Express Line" in which i had to queue with people ordering hotdogs,
wasnt Express enough for me , so gave up as we didnt want to miss the start of the second half,
Another piece of "streamlining" which has gone tits up, and will cost the club revenue, as we will stop buying if we are unable to purchase 2 pints, (no food required) quickly, thus allowing consumption of our pints at a leisurely pace, as we have been able to do for the past 2 years
Anyone have any idea why these popular and efficient outlets have been removed ?

D

Deleted User X18H

image.jpg

What are you lot on about?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I enjoyed my pie and pint today, served quickly and efficiently with a smile, no complaints from us
Yep, boom boom boom.
I think I was stood gob-smacked at the speed of my service longer than I was actually served.

This was after id assessed the queues and swapped lanes.
Smashed where I was by a lot of people.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I arrived at 2.25 and immediately chose the wrong queue. By the time I got to the front I'd watched 5 people be served in the queue next to me who arrived after me. There seems to be a big disparity in the ability of staff to serve quickly; some are fast, some are clueless. Training seems to be an issue.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I cannot understand how people can moan about the shortage of beer when not too far away from them a family is grieving and feeling absolutely horrible about the the loss of their son killed in battle. Sorry but I find it incredible.

Quite, some people just have no sense of perspective.

Also, I wonder how many of them are content to relive their own little kitchen-sink drama on here and not bother to direct their disatisfaction through the appropriate channels in the club where it might be properly addressed?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I must be the unluckiest person in the ground when it comes to catering. Every week I get the pint and the pie that I ordered and it is always just right. I never have anything to start a new thread about.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I cannot understand how people can moan about the shortage of beer when not too far away from them a family is grieving and feeling absolutely horrible about the the loss of their son killed in battle. Sorry but I find it incredible.

I understand your point, but as much as l feel for these poor people, (it must be absolutely awful to lose a son, and a father), normal life does still go on, people will always moan about seemingly mundane things, and more to the point l'm sure they realise that too.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If i walked into the Dog and Duck and Elsie gave me a pint she had already poured 20 minutes previously , id say , Elsie Nooooooooooo and go to the Rose and Crown .
I think you may be missing the point as much as I missed my pint...

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Special thanks to he chap in front of me in WSL who held up a queue for 10 mins demanding a receipt for a pint of harveys and the incompetent behind the till who didn't how to produce one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here