Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cat shit !

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I think I've identified the OP's neighbour.

Crazycatlady.jpg

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
And there lies the problem with cats. Dogs dump in there own garden, cats dump in everyone else's.

When my kids were much younger I would have to spend 10 minutes or collecting the cat shit so kindly donated by next doors cat, just so my kids could play safely in their own garden. The normal resposnse from cat owners is something along the line of buy lion poo etc, but why should I fork out the cash just so my kids can play safely in their OWN garden. Cleaning cat shit off tiny figures isn't pleasant!!! Personally the health of my kids is somewhat more important than the rights of a cat to shit anywhere it likes.

If dogs did something similar then all hell would break loose .....

BTW, cat shit DOES stink horribly, anyone who thinks otherwise is either kidding themselves or has got used to it!

Ok cats sometimes shit in other gardens... Im sure you get the odd bird shit and fox shit too... what do you want to do ban animals...

Jesus you sound like a miserable victor meldrew...

If i found shit in my garden from a badger or fox or cat i wouldnt get pissed off is f***ing life... What can the owners do? teach the cat to use the bog?

mtoiletside.jpg

boik

Cat owners always come out with the same old (cat) shit. We are expected to confine our dogs to our property, put them on leads when we go out and clear up after them.

Cats are perfectly fine animals. The just need to be kept under control, the same as dogs, goats, lions, snakes, whatever.

Cat owners are just a strange, blinkered bunch who think their small-brained untrainable pets are somehow superior and special.

I bought a little gismo thing on line which is triggered by movement and makes a high frequency sound that cats don't like (and neither do young daughters who have sensitive hearing). Seems to work as so far I have had only one deposit in two months, and I am prepared to believe that it could have been a deaf cat. You might need a few, but it was under £20 - try "sonic cat repeller" on Amazon.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Doesn't work. Now a LION will ( obviously you'll end up with Lion shit to clear up ! ).

Actually it does.

Used to have a bunch of cats coming into the backyard. Then my Greyhound came home after racing for his life of retirement.

After getting hold of one and a few near misses the cats all of a sudden stopped coming into the yard.

Once the old fella passed away at a grand old age of 14 the cats came back. So I bought a Whippet. Once again the cats mysteriously disappeared.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Once upon a time a bloke with 8 cats moved in two doors down.Soon all of our gardens were full of cat poo_One lady had a toddler who played in their lawned back garden .She had to stop that.

Sick of this,I collected the cat droppings from my garden in a carrier bag (Waitrose,no rubbish) and took it round to my new neighbour and told him next time I would just leave it in his porch,but I would be taking my carrier home.

Under pressure from many neighbours,he moved.

Our back gardens were more than a hundred yards long.Why he couldn't build a reasonable pen for his cats escaped me.

I have no particular dislike of cats,it's not their fault after all,but some of their owners...................

Cats do not need to be bred, there are enough feline accidents without encouraging the bastards.

Pepper of any kind - preferably the hot stuff. They are habitual, so they'll make a habit of avoiding your property once they have to lick hot chili powder off their paws! Fire breathing cats - now there's a novelty.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Leave a bowl of milk outside your door, add 1 part brake fluid to 2 parts milk and that will sort out your little difficulty.

If people want cats let 'em shit in their house on the litter tray or in their own garden.............anything else and they will just have to take their chances.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I love cats but that's a bit out of order, if they're breeding that many cats they should have a cage in the back garden.
THIS
feck me the city must be knee deep in cats and kittens lots of whom are unwanted, have a look at the cat rescues
I am sorry to say there has to be martyrs(cats) but this person should be reported you need a license to breed ...

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
You could just accept that cats shit and put it in the bin rather then lobbing back over their fence. And if you do not like that idea you could always try scaring the cats away. Every time you see a cat in your garden use an air horn. That will scare the buggers away. Leave something like hot chilies on the ground. They won't like that. Or as someone else suggested. Get a dog. I have three greyhounds and a Labrador and the local cats don't go anywhere near the garden. Or you could get your own cat. Cats tend not to let other cats near their territory and their garden is their territory. And cats also tend not to shit in their own garden.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
StevieG, my cat is an angel. Doesn't crap anywhere.
However, breeding cats to sell in the Friday Ad, without a breeders license is against the law. Easy to check if they are legal, if not contact RSPCA. Last case I heard about involved a £20k fine I believe.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I live next door to people who constantly breed cats and sell them in the Friday ad. I just counted 17 adult cats and 6 kittens in their back garden. Just been out in the garden and chucked 6 or 7 lots of shit left in my garden over the fence. I only cleared the last lot up 2 days ago !

My lad goes out in the garden to play football and its a health hazard aswell as stinking and horrible to tread in or clear off the ball.

Would you chuck it back over aswell?

I havn`t read the replies yet but i do know glasfryn will get involved :D

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My cat shits in our vege garden then buries it. I have kept cats all my life and they have always found loose dirt to poo in so they can cover it up. No cat poo problems.......unless we leave the sandpit un covered. Maybe you could suggest this to your neighbour.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You don't need to read them. There is the usually mix of helpful suggestiongs and moronic keyboard warrior bravado.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ok cats sometimes shit in other gardens... Im sure you get the odd bird shit and fox shit too... what do you want to do ban animals...

Jesus you sound like a miserable victor meldrew...

If i found shit in my garden from a badger or fox or cat i wouldnt get pissed off is f***ing life... What can the owners do? teach the cat to use the bog?

mtoiletside.jpg

If you were a female, you would be on the 'avoid' list.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I should add by the way that cat poop is no laughing matter. It's the main source of a nasty parasitic infection that can be readily transmitted in cat faeces.

As much as I love cats (prefer them over dogs), if it gets to the point where the owner doesn't want to listen to your complaints, and it's becoming a health hazard, contact the local authorities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here