Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Casuals: The story of the Legendary Terrace Fashion.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Well behaved school :mad :)
When I first joined NSC there was a thread about the hardest school in Brighton, Fawcett got plenty of mentions.
The whole school was banned from the buses for a while when I was there, we also were on the tv local news for a planned fight with Stringer. I say planned, they turned up late just after lunch and we had gone back to lessons. :)
:lolol:
The school bus home over Coldean Lane.. - 'Snowy, it's alright he's got a bus pass i've let him on..'
Kids dangled out the back window, mini rockets with snapped stems let off,

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Must be the Fawcett way.. Would have loved to have built car engines/go sailing with the C2 kids..!
The academic side was pretty awful.. I remember reading the Argus front page on in summer, and seeing Mr Davis red Datsun at bottom of Beachy Head..
Upon return in September, Tompkison pulled us all in and essentially said 'he was teaching you the wrong syllabus for two years (and nobody noticed..) so you wont be doing O-level English, you'll all do CSE and God help you.. Dismiss..!' :ohmy:

Worked for my Bro the other year at Ashdown's house in Peacehaven.. He said 'it was a very well behaved school really.. ' I said 'only coz we lived in fear of the cane..' :lolol:

You must have been in my class [emoji6], and it wasn’t just the orange overall brigade who did sailing, I was part of a mob who built a sailboat with Donkey Piddock, I was B1 [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Think the other result involved Walsall and Sunderland. I was at Chester - Brighton all crammed into the covered bit next to their fans leaving the terrace behind the goal empty. Went by coach and there were loads at Toddington when that result came through there was a big cheer and then we all had a game of football in the half empty lorry park.

My first season going away, I'd managed to just about find the train fare for Gillingham, Aldershot and Brentford but cash said it was the Costa Express for Chester.
I think it was Notts county we were waiting on, they were playing port Vale, I only know coz a few of us went to that game after the Chester game. Notts County lost which made it a double whammy day out. Too many emotions lol.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Absolutely, probably one my favourite times of being an Albion fan made some really good friends, our group of about twenty was a mix of sane and the insane all good fun. Train bunking to away games was the norm all you used to get was a note of Harry clipper the ticket inspector :lolol:
and mine remember it too well, that was my favourite era by a long stretch. Excess tickets if I remember rightly

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think it was Notts county we were waiting on, they were playing port Vale, I only know coz a few of us went to that game after the Chester game. Notts County lost which made it a double whammy day out. Too many emotions lol.
Yes your right it was Notts County I remember we all went batshit at Victoria and piled in the boozer.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Must be the Fawcett way.. Would have loved to have built car engines/go sailing with the C2 kids..!
The academic side was pretty awful.. I remember reading the Argus front page on in summer, and seeing Mr Davis red Datsun at bottom of Beachy Head..
Upon return in September, Tompkison pulled us all in and essentially said 'he was teaching you the wrong syllabus for two years (and nobody noticed..) so you wont be doing O-level English, you'll all do CSE and God help you.. Dismiss..!' :ohmy:

Worked for my Bro the other year at Ashdown's house in Peacehaven.. He said 'it was a very well behaved school really.. ' I said 'only coz we lived in fear of the cane..' :lolol:

Mr Davis was my form teacher the year he went over Beachy head [emoji20] Remember Mr Ashdown,he was a decent enough fella, he used to live next door to my mate in Lymister Avenue. Got the cane off of Wilcox once...that was enough for me [emoji21] Enjoed my time at Fawcett [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
You must have been in my class [emoji6], and it wasn’t just the orange overall brigade who did sailing, I was part of a mob who built a sailboat with Donkey Piddock, I was B1 [emoji6]

orange overall brigade :lol:

Not quite - I was the 'Wigan' of A1.. absolutely stole a place in that class for years.. :whistle: In same class as Rich Knight who i used to go and stand at back of NS with in year 5

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Mr Davis was my form teacher the year he went over Beachy head [emoji20] Remember Mr Ashdown,he was a decent enough fella, he used to live next door to my mate in Lymister Avenue. Got the cane off of Wilcox once...that was enough for me [emoji21] Enjoed my time at Fawcett [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got the cane of Wilcox AND Davis.. That prick Davis stood on a chair and jumped down off it to extra power.. no RIP from me..

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Got the cane of Wilcox AND Davis.. That prick Davis stood on a chair and jumped down off it to extra power.. no RIP from me..

I don’t remember Davis, I was there a few years before you I guess, maybe he started after I left, Wilcox ( PE ) was ok with us from what I remember.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Perhaps I should wind my snobby neck in a bit. I'd been through long hair, punk rock and post punk by 1978, so I was probably too old to go back to wearing stuff that looked (to me in 1980) like things my mum had bought me when I was 12. I presume the former casuals on here must have been no more than 15 in 1980? No more than 55 years old now? Bloody kids! Cah! :wink:

Are you following me? :lolol: 55 bought my first pringle the year I left school 1980 from a golf shop down Trafalgar St

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yep think you're right. For some reason it was an evening game whereas Chester was 3pm k/o.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You just adapt the clothing age appropriately, many pieces are timeless Lacoste for example, it’s always been an interest of mine and still like to hunt out something from the norm you wouldn’t catch me in dressed in M&S :)

Unlike Max Mosley, who used to be dressed in S&M.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I used to love going to Chester. Went in 87 on a double decker coach which left the all night cafe at 2am for some insane reason. Got to Chester at about 8am there were 70 of us wondering along the riverbank looking for something to do on a bank holiday monday. We came across a bloke who had a pleasure boat who suggested a trip along the river. no interest whatsoever until he said the magic words. "We have a bar" he was nearly killed in the stampede :lolol:

We must have looked a strange sight cruising up and down the river for 2 hours sitting on the deck drinking pints by the time I got into the pub for opening what with the boat refreshments, the cans on the coach (the good old days) I was hammered. Game was something of a blur as was going home with several gaps on the coach from people who unexpectedly stayed the night in Chester :whistle:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
orange overall brigade :lol:

Not quite - I was the 'Wigan' of A1.. absolutely stole a place in that class for years.. :whistle: In same class as Rich Knight who i used to go and stand at back of NS with in year 5

Ahh I was in his twin brothers class B1, there wasn’t an A2 that year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here