Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

carling cup 2nd round draw......we got....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
nice test for us,expect another good crowd and a good turnout from them-a decent draw.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Hopefully Kazenga can slam a few past the horrible fuckers, would be very nice indeed. :)

FWIW they'll have a decent following IMO, probably around 2,500 if it isn't on tele, I think Sky will televise it though.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Great draw good chance of taking a Premiership Scalp too !
Can i buy my ticket tonight ???????

wittaz1985

Mar 29, 2011
Eastbourne
They will play Newcastle Saturday before and then away at Swansea weekend after. I'm guessing they'll rest first team players for winnable points v Swansea (Guessing or hoping?!)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I love how sunderland fans actually type in their accent :lol:
Have to agree with this. Great to see. I'm already looking forward to this match. So pleased we are at home. I'm sure Sunderland have quite a few exiled fans down south also.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Have to agree with this. Great to see. I'm already looking forward to this match. So pleased we are at home. I'm sure Sunderland have quite a few exiled fans down south also.

You are right, they have a large London branch, and many fans around the south coast that will not get a chance to go to many games

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You are right, they have a large London branch, and many fans around the south coast that will not get a chance to go to many games

I expect them to sell out-or come very close

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

That's good news. Hopefully they will bring a large following. I've always found Newcastle and Sunderland fans good for a laugh.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
f*** my boots
Away on holiday and gutted to miss Blackpool and Posh, now I miss Sunderland too, grrrrrrrrrrrr
Just have to hope its on the box, at least i'll be able to watch our 1st premiership scalp

Yoda

English & European
I've always found Newcastle and Sunderland fans good for a laugh.

This 100%. The last time we went to Sunderland, the 5 in our group were the only Brighton fans in a pub FULL of mackem's around the corner from the ground. Had a great time in there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I fancy us to do well especially if they rest some first teamers. We did well against them in Portugal last year (even if it was only pre-season)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So Sunderland to be the first team to sell out the away end at the Amex?
Can't see Blackpool doing it, tho they may come close. When will our first capacity crowd be? Leeds, I assume (tho maybe not as it's an evening ko and on Sky). If not, then definitely Palace...

There's gonna be some cracking games at the Amex over the next month or so - can't wait!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here