Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carl Rushworth - Loan to Walsall

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I doubt they can afford him at the moment!

I wonder how the club will play this one out. Obviously Barca aren't going to make a muti-million pound offer at this stage ofthe youngster's career, but what sort of pathway can we offer? Big Bob ill very possibly move omwards and upwards at some time, but Scherpen's only 18 months older than Rushworth, so no easy path to the first team yet.
Loan to the Championship, maybe?
Or a loan to Barcelona (Barcelona B presumably)? - and then enjoy the 'Free Carl Rushworth' shitstorm when they want to keep him but we bring him back! Doing a great job at Walsall by all accounts.

https://www.bescotbanter.net/2021/0...lzhAS1KYLpYUJq21zVOnQAh1_1dTmxqIXlE85NXzxC8RI

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wasn’t there a similar story when he was on loan at Worthing?
Yep, that's mentioned in the article - although you'd struggle to find it behind all the pop-up ads. Barca sent scouts to Worthing twice, apparently.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yep, that's mentioned in the article - although you'd struggle to find it behind all the pop-up ads. Barca sent scouts to Worthing twice, apparently.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

Sorry read the headline and moved on.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm glad he's doing so well and is much appreciated by the Walsall fans.

They all seem to think he'll be off in January. Is it not a season long loan? Would we really pull him out of it half way through to send him to a league one club? Surely we'd leave him there for the season when it's all going so well and he's playing week in week out?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

They all seem to think he'll be off in January. Is it not a season long loan? Would we really pull him out of it half way through to send him to a league one club? Surely we'd leave him there for the season when it's all going so well and he's playing week in week out?

You would think he will stay there.
No need to rush his development.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Agreed - they really don't need to worry. As far as I can remember, the only time we have ended players' loans early is because they were not getting the expected game time.

Rushworth playing every week is precisely what he needs, and there would be no sense in bumping him up the leagues to potentially watch from the bench.

I'd argue too, that for a keeper specifically, the level of the league is much less important, than for an outfield player.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Rushworth will spend the full season at Walsall, jump straight to a championship loan the season after and then either be replacing Sanchez or fighting him for the keepers spot. He’s the real deal.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Rushworth will spend the full season at Walsall, jump straight to a championship loan the season after and then either be replacing Sanchez or fighting him for the keepers spot. He’s the real deal.

Christian Walton, anyone?

A tad presumptuous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here