Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff to rebrand to red, as blue is "unlucky"

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Didn't know about Leeds

Which other clubs have had a complete kit colour change?

Palace went from claret and blue to white to red and blue

Millwall have gone from royal to dark navy

Luton went from black and white to orange and blue in the 1970s then gradually returned back to black and white before reverting to orange again a couple of years ago.
Leyton Orient changed from blue and white to red and white in the early 1960s
Watford went from blue and white to yellow and black at the end of the 1950s
Dundee United went tangerine at the end of the 1960s.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
it's true, Liverpool are a rubbish team but are beating Chelsea who are wearing Blue

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Mine

Odious Bureaucrat
Sep 16, 2011
Tough one to digest if I were a fan of Cardiff City. I could see this one resulting in the formation of a fan-owned club. This will be the last straw for a solid portion of their fans.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
It looks possibly more than just a kit colour change, but maybe a name change as well? So Cardiff Dragons, Wales Dragons, Cardiff Malaysia... where will it end? and what's the ultimate plan of these foreign owners?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Cardiff briefly had a purple and yellow home kit in the 1970s, so it's not without precedent.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Changing the name is quite something (and to keep the nickname is odd being "blue"birds and playing in red :D)

That said, we were the Dolphins, "seagulls" is a relatively recent (if you consider 30/40 years recent :D) thing no?

There was a fan (and location) thing about the change of nickname though, the Cardiff thing is all about "branding", money and selling to Asia (where red, apparently, is the colour of choice).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here