Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff fans are going to love Zaha

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Wales is a principality. Trust me, I lived there for 4 years and it's really the only thing that gets under their skin when trying to wind them up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Wales was another country wouldn't you need to show a passport to get over the border?
If Wales (or England) were a country, we'd do our own trade deals with other countries, we'd control our own social engineering (like education) (we don't, we do what the UK tell us to do), we'd control our transport (some of which is controlled by parliament), we'd control our own government to provide services (while some decisions are local, many are not), we'd have power over our own territory (we don't, the UK has power over all of our territory), and we'd be recognised as a country by the rest of the world (we're not, and we'd have no chance of getting a seat in the UN).

But yes, we have our own football teams, so carry on.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If Wales (or England) were a country, we'd do our own trade deals with other countries, we'd control our own social engineering (like education) (we don't, we do what the UK tell us to do), we'd control our transport (some of which is controlled by parliament), we'd control our own government to provide services (while some decisions are local, many are not), we'd have power over our own territory (we don't, the UK has power over all of our territory), and we'd be recognised as a country by the rest of the world (we're not, and we'd have no chance of getting a seat in the UN).

But yes, we have our own football teams, so carry on.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wales is a principality. Trust me, I lived there for 4 years and it's really the only thing that gets under their skin when trying to wind them up.
No it isn't. It was once upon a time though, which is why it is still affectionately called "the principality", but it actually hasn't been so for 200 years or something.

Still, at least you're not being wrong AND a smug bell-end like Triggaar, seeing as contrary to his wanky posts, Wales is indeed a country in its own right. There are many definitions of what constitutes a country, and Wales is covered by several of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country

Like USA and Canada? Or France and Spain?

You no longer need to show a passport going into France from Spain nor visa-versa
Obviously you should carry it just incase.

f you are an EU national , you do not need to show your national ID card or passport when you are travelling from one border-free Schengen EU country to another.

The border-free Schengen area includes:
Austria

Hungary

Norway

Belgium

Iceland

Poland

Czech Republic

Italy

Portugal

Denmark

Latvia

Slovakia

Estonia

Liechtenstein

Slovenia

Finland

Lithuania

Spain

France

Luxembourg

Sweden

Germany

Malta

Switzerland.

Greece

Netherlands

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
wales is a country that is part of the united kingdom and the island of great britain, bordered by england to its east and the atlantic ocean and irish sea to its west. (wiki)

a country is a region legally identified as a distinct entity in political geography. A country may be an independent sovereign state or one that is occupied by another state, as a non-sovereign or formerly sovereign political division, or a geographic region associated with sets of previously independent or differently associated peoples with distinct political characteristics.

Hmm could be???

principality

wales is a principality. Trust me, i lived there for 4 years and it's really the only thing that gets under their skin when trying to wind them up.

this

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
If Wales was another country wouldn't you need to show a passport to get over the border?

Ireland is certianly another country and you dont need a passport to fly there, I believe driving from N.Ireland into Ireland there is no requirement either.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wales is a country, just a bit of a shite one, but more importantly they have their own F.A. and a Welsh League, so it is not so daft to ask why they play in the English Leagues. We have to get international clearance from the Welsh F.A. when we sign a player from Cardiff or Swansea, even though we all play in the English Leagues. I am with Zaha, tell me why, how and when this strange state of affairs came to be?

Because there is no such thing as the English Football League (or Premier for that matter).

It's The Football League.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They may be Welsh but I'll bet most of them can write a sentence in English better than him, they may even include a couple of capital letters too.

if you ever go there take a trip to the ASDA in Llanelli and take a look at the customers advert board and tell me that

he will fit in well there

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

and the fact that their national game is named after an English town although they spell it Rugbi........just to be different

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Ireland is certianly another country and you dont need a passport to fly there, I believe driving from N.Ireland into Ireland there is no requirement either.

Are you sure? I was DEFINITELY asked to show mine (at both ends, for both journeys) when I went to Dublin in August.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here