Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caravans in Preston park

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Hope they get parking ticket then as I did for parking in the wrong zone despite having a valid ticket at 4 on a Sunday afternoon thanks to totally inadequate signage. But they won't.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I agree, but they can't take advantage of the state if they don't contribute.

They should be allocated a large piece of land to live on and be left to live by their own laws and means.

Banned from Nhs treatment, welfare benefits, policing etc.

Tried that already. They left there and come over here. I believe we call it Ireland.

:moo:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
The rubbish left by the travellers will be comparable to the rubbish left by the wonderful 'law abiding' citizens and I bet they won't scorch the grass and singe bins with disposable barbecues.

I walk through the park everyday and the worst I have seen it is on a normal Monday after a sunny weekend. It disgusts me how local residents treat their local parks. It was like a bomb had gone off.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
If it is the same group as at Saltdean Oval, then it is a group of Irish travellers. Didn't notice any flatbed with Tarmac on though, just some pretty new cars and caravans for some of them.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
there are a load of caravans parked up on the top field at wild park this morning...

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
The rubbish left by the travellers will be comparable to the rubbish left by the wonderful 'law abiding' citizens and I bet they won't scorch the grass and singe bins with disposable barbecues.
really ?? park users regularly leave old fridges,tyres and human excrement behind them do they ? dont be ridiculous.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm intrigued as to why you claim no-one is welcoming them ?? Are you going to answer ?

That's a different question from what you asked earlier.

You asked earlier why no-one is welcoming them. There could be any number of reasons, several of which have been highlighted on this thread. Pick one.

Now you're asking why I'm claiming that no-one is welcoming them; apart from a letter from a Conservative councillor encouraging the travellers to pitch up in central Brighton, no-one has laid out the welcome mat to them, unless I've missed something.

However, the council (every council) has a legal obligation - one I'm sure they don't want - to find a permanent site for them. That's different from welcoming them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here