Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caravans in Preston park

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Simple innit , don't allow anyone in from Ireland unless they have a visa , and they won't be able to get a visa unless they have a permanent address , that will slowly reduce them in the UK and stop anymore coming in. The reason they are here is because Ireland won't let them get away with it like they do here.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Simple innit , don't allow anyone in from Ireland unless they have a visa , and they won't be able to get a visa unless they have a permanent address , that will slowly reduce them in the UK and stop anymore coming in. The reason they are here is because Ireland won't let them get away with it like they do here.

Yeah right, Are you sure that would work.

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
I hear there's some nice grazing land over Firle way & i'am sure the Firle Bonfire Society would give them a nice warm welcome?,Job done.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton

Not all Gypsy's/Travellers are from Ireland...

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Or should it be "Romany Olympic Team"

Could they be there for a ploughing match, hence the horses?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Have they paid the Parking Fee?
No, because they cleverly parked away from the parking area, on the grass.

Top of the park on the grass. Hopefully they will still be there on Saturday. Will be nice to have a bit of company during my eleven hour shift.

Sadly they were moved on BOF, but they left you loads of rubbish to clear up if it helps? And maybe some horse-shit?

Fair play to the police, they had a car there when they arrived but within hours had been moved on.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Dont see the problem myself, live and let live , eh ?

Surely you don't mean that. Just what Preston Park needs,shitty nappies and all the other filth that scum like this inevitably leave in their wake. Freeloading, thieving, soap-dodging low-life.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Surely you don't mean that. Just what Preston Park needs,shitty nappies and all the other filth that scum like this inevitably leave in their wake. Freeloading, thieving, soap-dodging low-life.

The rubbish left by the travellers will be comparable to the rubbish left by the wonderful 'law abiding' citizens and I bet they won't scorch the grass and singe bins with disposable barbecues.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Council spending government money therefore my post wasn't inaccurate. Also it's the council saying it will solve the problem.

They've not said they can solve it. That's you making that bit up. In fact, they specifically said finding a permanent site won't solve the issue. I think you're getting your mis-quotes mixed up.

It's the council spending ringfenced government money (i.e. they can't use if for anything else) in the form of a grant in order for the council to undertake a legal obligation. This means a workable plan must be in place before they can receive it.

The proposed resolution is EXACTLY the same as Labour and the Tories have been proposing for the past 20 years - i.e. place them mostly at Horsedean. This time, someone is actually getting on with it.

Whether it's the right decision is another matter - all parties have come up with exactly the same resolution over the past two decades.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here