Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Caramac RIP

The Hermit Kingdom

Oct 29, 2023
Awful news, an absolute legendary bar, never enough of it though. Sad times (even though we can’t get it here in the DPRK anyway).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've actually been looking to see where I can get some for my final moment with it. Not sure there is anywhere.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
In theory I’ll miss it, in practice the last time I had one it felt like I’d bitten into concentrated sugar. Unbearably sweet.

Cadbury have brought out a similarly evil concoction which I have tried once and will not be returning to.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My kind of dull, I shall make the journey.
Please don't quote me on it. I KNOW I saw one in the wild recently - because I noted how rare it was to see them.

I THINK that's where I saw it, but it might've been somewhere else similar.

Somewhere between Worthing and Bognor. I'd appreciate if you made an indie documentary of you going to all small chain convenience stores between those locations, hunting for one last 'Mac.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The FA are already on the case and a minute's applause for Caramac will be held at all Prem grounds this weekend.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Had one about 12 months ago and it seemed different from what they used to be like. Stupidly sweet. I’m sure they weren’t like that. Is this yet another example where the brand owners make changes to the product which many don’t like and stop buying = lower sales = discontinuation.

Most likely yup though all the above is wrong and it’s just down to my taste buds getting older.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Strangely I went looking for a bar the other week and couldn't find one. This was after a family discussion when we were remembering old chocolate bars from the 70s (we have scintillating, intellectually-rigorous discussions in our family) and I was reminded that I'd virtually lived on them when I was a kid. So I went to get one to see if it was still going to be a favourite and there were none to be found. I guess if they'd fallen out of favour then shops didn't stock them, and the whole thing became a bit of a vicious circle.

The Hermit Kingdom

Oct 29, 2023
D2F8DF75-EB63-4DC6-BA6B-28C46164B210.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here