Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
FWIW Charlton have just announced (all in one go) a new manager, technical director (director of football type role), chief operating officer and finance director:

Dean Holden (ex Oldham and Bristol City manager), Andy Scott (ex Brentford and Rotherham manager), Jim Rodwell (ex Sunderland and Hull CEO) and Ed Warwick respectively.

The latter set up a new shell company a few days ago (with Charlton's SE7 postcode in its name) with ex-Sunderland director Charlie Methven who is rumoured to be involved in an imminent Charlton takeover.

I don't know if this will affect anything for tomorrow - our caretaker manager will still be in charge for it (only his third game as a manager) but may add a feelgood factor in the home end. At least until the game starts and we get panned.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
FWIW Charlton have just announced (all in one go) a new manager, technical director (director of football type role), chief operating officer and finance director:

Dean Holden (ex Oldham and Bristol City manager), Andy Scott (ex Brentford and Rotherham manager), Jim Rodwell (ex Sunderland and Hull CEO) and Ed Warwick respectively.

The latter set up a new shell company a few days ago (with Charlton's SE7 postcode in its name) with ex-Sunderland director Charlie Methven who is rumoured to be involved in an imminent Charlton takeover.

I don't know if this will affect anything for tomorrow - our caretaker manager will still be in charge for it (only his third game as a manager) but may add a feelgood factor in the home end. At least until the game starts and we get panned.
Are you saying thereā€™s a chance of Darude ā€œSandstormā€ before kick off tomorrow?

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Tickets just made it to the frozen north. Both my lads are Albion+. Son 1 - postmark 13/12, arrived yesterday. Son 2 - postmark 13/12 arrived today. They were booked only 13 minutes apart!
(Mine was posted 07/12 and arrived 12/12)

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
No sign of our tickets, so sadly I'm resigned to collecting duplicates tomorrow.

I see that the Charlton ticket office opens at 11am, and I assume this will be the same for their away ticket office...?

Does anyone have any experience with collecting duplicates early doors? I'm based in London and would much rather get down there at lunchtime to collect so we can have more time around London Bridge before the game.

I assume if I manage to get through to SS tomorrow morning then the tickets should be available from Charlton pretty soon after?

As an aside, it's absolutely moronic that the club aren't addressing any of this today - tomorrow will be absolute chaos if there's 1k+ trying to contact SS at 9am.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not the only one, and also have a fear that when getting to the front of the queue at Charlton, I will be greeted with, no you're not on the list.
Unashamedly lifted from the Sub Bass Niceness thread :wink:

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Managed to get through to the ticket office in the end, we can't collect until 1745. Great.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Managed to get through to the ticket office in the end, we can't collect until 1745. Great.
That is really poor from the club. They knew about the Postal strikes weeks ago and should have had contingency plans in place. In the very least they should have Albion representation in the Charlton Ticket office from at least 2pm on wards, as I know quite a few fans will want to collect their duplicate tickets well in advance of 60 minutes before kick off.
It really doesnt take too much to send two Albion ticket office staff (with laptops) on the train to The Valley around mid morning, just to help the situation for the travelling fans...not your normal 3k allocation either. The club arent really being proactive to the sitution whatsoever!

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
It continues..again not what I was told when I called Charlton ticket office this afternoon. Told they would remain open all day up to game and that tickets could be collected anytime. Plenty of room for improvement from both clubs here with communication and clarification. Some people would just like to plan their day

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As an aside, it's absolutely moronic that the club aren't addressing any of this today - tomorrow will be absolute chaos if there's 1k+ trying to contact SS at 9am.
Iā€™ve been trying to work out what the club could do today or even yesterday to make things easier. 1) BHA donā€™t hold a stock of duplicate Charlton tickets 2) how do they actually cancel tickets that are in the post?. Do the tickets have a tear off stub and/or a bar code 3) every ticket that is delivered today or tomorrow is one less problem 4) e tickets might be the answer but arenā€™t we being a bit pompous expecting Charlton to have this facility where most/all EPL clubs donā€™t have this for away fans.

The situation might be moronic but shooting from the hip wonā€™t help

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Iā€™ve been trying to work out what the club could do today or even yesterday to make things easier. 1) BHA donā€™t hold a stock of duplicate Charlton tickets 2) how do they actually cancel tickets that are in the post?. Do the tickets have a tear off stub and/or a bar code 3) every ticket that is delivered today or tomorrow is one less problem 4) e tickets might be the answer but arenā€™t we being a bit pompous expecting Charlton to have this facility where most/all EPL clubs donā€™t have this for away fans.

At the very least, get the ball rolling today.

While some people might be happy to wait until tomorrow to see if their tickets arrive, not everyone will have the luxury of waiting at home for the post. Letting fans order duplicates today would at least take some of the pressure off for tomorrow.

And as Albion Robster says above, there must be a way for the club to facilitate some fans picking up their tickets earlier than 1745.

Obviously the club are not entirely at fault here, but it does feel like it's been handled poorly.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

2) they have tear off Stubs which has a barcode on - I only know this as my sons arrived weeks ago and Iā€™ve got to collect mine in person as they damaged the tear off stub (thatā€™s what they said anyway) not exactly over the moon about this as everyone Iā€™m going with tomorrow has their tickets already, can sense itā€™s going to be a disorganised shit show, no way the away ticket office is designed to cater for 3,000 tickets on the day (assuming 50% arenā€™t received in the post)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
At the very least, get the ball rolling today.

While some people might be happy to wait until tomorrow to see if their tickets arrive, not everyone will have the luxury of waiting at home for the post. Letting fans order duplicates today would at least take some of the pressure off for tomorrow.

And as Albion Robster says above, there must be a way for the club to facilitate some fans picking up their tickets earlier than 1745.

Obviously the club are not entirely at fault here, but it does feel like it's been handled poorly.

Charlton arenā€™t exactly run well at the minute which will be I suspect the majority source of the issue. Theyā€™ve got our money already, will they care?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here