Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Is it only me that Paul Barber hand delivers tickets to then?

I had assumed I was just one stop in a large delivery round.
I think saying now they haven't yet been sent, two weeks after purchase, is concerning and, I feel, it's fair for me to be a tad pee'd off that I'll be queuing with hundreds of others at Charlton when I could be enjoying a civilised pint before the game

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I replied on the basis they told me they were posted on 6th 🤷‍♂️
Yes, I get that, which is why I said I'd just received a response, I'm just disappointed as I know what a trial it can be queuing for the bloody things with everyone getting frustrated.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, I get that, which is why I said I'd just received a response, I'm just disappointed as I know what a trial it can be queuing for the bloody things with everyone getting frustrated.
Can understand why tickets in the blocks that were opened later haven’t necessarily been sent yet but anyone who booked early should have them sent……..could actually be a four-figure number having to pick up tickets at this rate, will be a disaster

SAC

May 21, 2014
Posted them, maybe? My response from them, just now "I confirm we are in the process of allocating the Charlton tickets which will be dispatched in the coming days". A serious answer to your question is find a way of print from home or digitise, surely?
If only that technology was available!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Out of interest, my sisters-in-law posted birthday cards to my wife on 2nd December, and she still hasn't got them yet :-( [Posted in Surrey, we live in Somerset]

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Can understand why tickets in the blocks that were opened later haven’t necessarily been sent yet but anyone who booked early should have them sent……..could actually be a four-figure number having to pick up tickets at this rate, will be a disaster
Dazzer, if you look back at my previous post 762 you will see that i have my tickets in the jimmy seed stand which i ordered on the first day of sales. They were posted on 07/12 and i received them on the morning of the 12/12. I cannot think that i am the only one to have received some tickets and there must be the vast majority on their way so i am hopeful that the situation is not too bad.

PS only one person seems to have noticed my post, perhaps i am on more people's ignore lists than i thought!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think saying now they haven't yet been sent, two weeks after purchase, is concerning and, I feel, it's fair for me to be a tad pee'd off that I'll be queuing with hundreds of others at Charlton when I could be enjoying a civilised pint before the game
Don't like the sound of this, could be chaos. Post is all over the shop at the moment

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't like the sound of this, could be chaos. Post is all over the shop at the moment
At this rate, we will need to start queuing at the Valley from about 4.30 on the day of the game, to guarantee entry for kick off.
Strangely my Southampton ticket has arrived, but not the Charlton one. Thankfully for Everton its a digital ticket.

At least only two more post strike days before the Charlton game, which are tomorrow and Thursday, so getting a bit tight to receive in time for the game.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The biggest surprise for me is why it's two weeks after purchase date and they haven't yet been sent? Why wait given all the strike communications going around.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Received one of my tickets last week (Jimmy Seed stand) unfortunately only juniors. Mine has had a “processing issue” related to an incorrect stubbing of the ticket, which means I need to collect in person on the night. Is this a polite way of saying you have been randomly selected?

Last thing I want is another queue, which has the potential to not staffed correctly if loads don’t turn up in the post

scooter1

How soon is now?
I've just e-mailed the below to SS, as a suggestion....

Hi,
With the on-going postal strikes, there seems to be concern amongst fans with tickets for this game that they are not going to arrive in time.
With this in mind, would it be possible for the club to make arrangements for tickets to be collected at The Amex this weekend?
Whilst this will require club resources, it would also reassure fans who's tickets have not yet arrived that the club is doing something to resolve the problem.
I'm sure this could also save a small fortune in postage.....

Thanks in advance

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I've just e-mailed the below to SS, as a suggestion....

Hi,
With the on-going postal strikes, there seems to be concern amongst fans with tickets for this game that they are not going to arrive in time.
With this in mind, would it be possible for the club to make arrangements for tickets to be collected at The Amex this weekend?
Whilst this will require club resources, it would also reassure fans who's tickets have not yet arrived that the club is doing something to resolve the problem.
I'm sure this could also save a small fortune in postage.....

Thanks in advance
The thing is though it seems the vast majority of tickets are already on their way or have been received( see my previous post tier one and Bob! tier two) so there would not be many available for collection at the Amex.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Why doesn't the club allow pickup at the shop at the ground. Only 10% might pick up but that still 600 less tickets too worry about.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why doesn't the club allow pickup at the shop at the ground. Only 10% might pick up but that still 600 less tickets too worry about.
………balanced against the admin of sorting those 600 tickets from the masses, having the staff to deal with collections, dealing with the % that change their mind, not getting all the tickets from Charlton at the same time meaning collection dates might have to vary…..probably not a ballache they want

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here