Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Captain Sir Tom Moore - *Died 2 Feb 2021*

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sir Tom is the story that keeps the sun in advertising revenue, the poor soul has died, I just wish they would stop exploiting him for money.
See post #399:

Hannah Ingram Moore admits pocketing £800K.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/24370891/captain-tom-daughter-pockets-money-book-piers-morgan/

The idea of Piers Morgan hammering someone for unethical behaviour is a marvel to behold. However, either the daughter trousered nearly a million quid that should have (sorry, it's the Sun; should of) gone to charity, or not. From what I can see this money was from the old man's book sales and the money intended for the daughter. So, on this occasion, Morgan is spreading nonexistent muck. Fancy that.

However I am not sure how The Sun is exploiting the old man for money. The old man is dead. This is simply the sort of ghoulish shit the Sun readers lap up every day.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From what I can see this money was from the old man's book sales and the money intended for the daughter.
Ish.

Please read the prologue to his autobiography;
“Astonishingly at my age, with the offer to write this memoir I have also been given the chance to raise even more money for the charitable foundation now established in my name.”

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep agreed - I don’t know what his family did or didn’t do but this just constant stuff must be horrible for them.

When loved ones die it is hard enough seeing reminders everyday but this must make it horrible for them, over and over.

Let him rest.
…..they should have thought of that before they started siphoning off the cash……

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
See post #399:

Hannah Ingram Moore admits pocketing £800K.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/24370891/captain-tom-daughter-pockets-money-book-piers-morgan/

The idea of Piers Morgan hammering someone for unethical behaviour is a marvel to behold. However, either the daughter trousered nearly a million quid that should have (sorry, it's the Sun; should of) gone to charity, or not. From what I can see this money was from the old man's book sales and the money intended for the daughter. So, on this occasion, Morgan is spreading nonexistent muck. Fancy that.

However I am not sure how The Sun is exploiting the old man for money. The old man is dead. This is simply the sort of ghoulish shit the Sun readers lap up every day.
I looked it up and the money is from the book sales which is separate from the Captain Tom Foundation which went to NHS workers. I believe there was a doubt about her role in the foundation by paying herself a salary, but if Sir Tom left the revenue from the books, to her, in his will, then she isn't doing anything wrong?
The Charities Commission is investigating so maybe wait for their conclusions because we hang draw and quarter her.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
It all sounds a bit crafty and the family do look sketchy but at the end of the day Captain Tom with the help of his family raised £39million for charity (i would like to know how much reached the NHS though).

The family kept proceeds from the 3 books which equated to £800k...... IF Tom said that was his wishes and they have proof, I'm not sure what the problems are.

Sounds like the media creating controversy to sell news.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I looked it up and the money is from the book sales which is separate from the Captain Tom Foundation which went to NHS workers. I believe there was a doubt about her role in the foundation by paying herself a salary, but if Sir Tom left the revenue from the books, to her, in his will, then she isn't doing anything wrong?
The Charities Commission is investigating so maybe wait for their conclusions because we hang draw and quarter her.

Please read the prologue to his autobiography;
“Astonishingly at my age, with the offer to write this memoir I have also been given the chance to raise even more money for the charitable foundation now established in my name.”

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The family kept proceeds from the 3 books which equated to £800k...... IF Tom said that was his wishes and they have proof, I'm not sure what the problems are.
Please read the prologue to his autobiography, which does muddy the waters a bit;

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There are muddy waters which is why I will wait for the conclusions from the Charity Commission.
But the book does strongly suggest that the proceeds are going to charity (and therefore people were misled), doesn't it? I think that's fair to say, whatever the Commission concludes.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The family got lucky, in covid millions was raised and they used the media to promote what has now ended up as a nice little earner for them. I'm sure it already on this thread but latest set of accounts show income from donations and legacies of £400k and salaries of £180k of which £64k is to her husband, almost half of the income lost on salaries and there is £24k to a company they owned.

With regards to the book, how many copies were sold because people thought they buying it to raise charitable funds

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yep agreed - I don’t know what his family did or didn’t do but this just constant stuff must be horrible for them.

When loved ones die it is hard enough seeing reminders everyday but this must make it horrible for them, over and over.

Let him rest.
Absolutely no sympathy for his daughter as she has sought to financially gain from his charity. She already had a company so it wasn't as if she was naive about business. Add in the fact they decided to build the extension/spa despite planning permission not being for that shows how conniving they are.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It all sounds a bit crafty and the family do look sketchy but at the end of the day Captain Tom with the help of his family raised £39million for charity (i would like to know how much reached the NHS though).

Sounds like the media creating controversy to sell news.

TBF multiple reports suggest the £39m went direct to the NHS…..

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
shes also in the media saying he wanted her to keep certain money.

He was a clever old boy shuffling round and round his mansion.

Very devious lot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here