Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can't wait to for the Greens…

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It won't happen because the Labour and Conservative councillors also agreed to some or all of these schemes. It won't happen because most of things have been council policy in Brighton for the last twenty years. The seafront promenade did not go from pristine condition to a ruin in four years because of the greens either. The fact is Brighton council has been under no overall control for 12 years, yet people like you can only blame the greens for all Brighton's ills.

Your view is too simplistic.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
You can see their support all over the city - there is absolutely no way that Greens will be voted out, thankfully.

You complete and utter cretin :lol:

A great day for Brighton.
I don't drink but i think i should have one to celebrate !

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As promised, here's one of my previous posts on the Greens ( and I could list an awful lot more ! ) :

"The redevelopment of Queens Road ? You mean thousands spent on slightly wider pavements and planters ( which have never had anything growing in them except weeds ) ? Money spent even after locals residents didn't want it. Or maybe the Seven Dials that is already breaking up and that had safety barriers removed against both residents and charities for the blind objecting ( we'll ignore the debacle with the tree ). The Open Market and library building were passed by the previous administration ( the Jubilee Library even opened under the previous administration ).

Ah, RSCH, fitting ever more buildings on a wholly inadequate space, at a site with utterly poor public transport and even worse parking.

i360 - a corrupt deal through and through. Two Tories voted for it to ensure it was passed after an under the table deal. Thanks to them and the Greens we the council taxpayers are now liable for a loan that the council have given to a developer who is over £2m in debt.

Lets throw in Edward Street - over a year late and businesses failing because of lost business. Speed bumps needing to be replaced because they were too severe. Pavements replaced at huge cost when they didn't need to be ( but don't worry it's a grant - nowt to do with taxpayers money at all ! ). Or the Lewes Road improvements - Buses now travel more slowly over the distance and local roads have become rat runs. What about the Gyatory ? Completely pointless spending of £600k and the introduction of dangerous cycle lane ( which then had to be fixed at taxpayers expense ).

Parking fees - car parks and on street parking charges have gone up in multiples of inflation. Permit prices - it was promised when they were set up that the charges would only cover the cost of running the scheme. They now sit at £160 a year - way over the cost of running the scheme after multiple over inflation busting rises in charges by the Greens.

Permits forced on residents around Preston Park station - and even then they mucked up the installation of the meters and signs.

Well above inflation increases in fees for sports facilities. An attempt to increase allotment fees in multiples of inflation - surely you can't get more Green than allotments ? And when I tried to speak to Green councillors about it they ignored me ...... until after they lost the vote when I got emails from them slagging off the Tories and Labour.

Maybe the requests for stupidly high increases in council tax make them attractive .... er no.

Or maybe one of their councillors taking the piss out of Hangleton residents wanting CCTV installed to combat anti-social behaviour and drug dealing ? Yes, that'll make them popular.

The new plans for the Palace Pier roundabout ? Utterly idiotic.

Of course you'd expect the Greens to improve air quality and recycling rates ? Think again !!!! And Kitcat had the audacity to suggest the reason for low recycling rates was students - the very people who got got the Greens in ( and admitted by the Green candidate for Hanover when they lost the by-election ).

Then let's take a look at their councillors - Duncan ( c**t, supports violence and makes 'jokes' about stoning his daughter, although he's now an ex-Green but only after he became too much even for this pathetic party ), Kitcat ( male - utter mealy mouthed tosser ), Kitcat ( female - slut who thinks the people of this city are inbreds ), Davey ( a lair ), Phillips ( buggers off to Africa almost the moment she's elected to represent her voters ), Deane ( very shouty and loves travellers - to the point that she wants to double the budget for supporting them ), Macafferty ( sh1ts in microwaves ) and then we come onto the utter loon who is Hawtree.

I suggest, if they are available, you go and watch the recordings of previous council meetings - especially the budget setting ones - each and every Green that speaks shows themselves up as a dimwitted political bandstanding idiot wanting to play the political game - no different to the other parties other than they are completely out of their depth ( and strangely I thought you wanted a change to the system but you love the Greens ? ).

Nationally ? All I can say is watch the car crash that is the Natalie Bennett interview and if you still want to vote Green then I stand by my claim you need committing.
"

Queens Road is now infinitely nicer to look at after the redevelopment. It was very much a case of putting lipstick on a pig, but I think they've done that. I'm not sure who would have opposed that.

It's the gateway to our fine city. Something needed doing!

Granted, I don't use Seven Dials a lot, but i now find it much easier to navigate by car and bike. You have more time.

Is the i360 corrupt? Let's wait and see what happens. It's not been built yet.

You seem to be talking on behalf of a lot of people without real proof. Show me how upset Preston Park residents are with parking permits.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This. By far the best council in living memory... the proof is in the pudding, the rate of regeneration of this city since they have been in charge has been unprecedented.

Then of course there is a phenomenal MP in Caroline Lucas.

You can see their support all over the city - there is absolutely no way that Greens will be voted out, thankfully.

Oh. You'll have to talk us through how that one went.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Brighton would be a much better place if cars were discouraged. The Old Steine would be amazing, if it was not surrounded by hundreds of cars all day long, as an example.

Why do people choose to use cars ???? because they are cheaper than the trains and buses, unless you have a plan to make them cheaper it will never change

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why do people choose to use cars ???? because they are cheaper than the trains and buses, unless you have a plan to make them cheaper it will never change

I do agree. We're a 180o city and i think we are taken advantage of in general.

Our park and ride system is a disgrace compared to other major cities.

The authorities need to be more proactive. Encourage car shares, financially?. P and R sites to be developed on the west, east, north. Natioanlise/regionalise the bus monopoly.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I do agree. We're a 180o city and i think we are taken advantage of in general.

Our park and ride system is a disgrace compared to other major cities.

The authorities need to be more proactive. Encourage car shares, financially?. P and R sites to be developed on the west, east, north. Natioanlise/regionalise the bus monopoly.

Braepool is the perfect site but just won't happen

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

And we need them to earn a living and there more convenient. Nearest train station from me is 3 miles and buses are uncomfortable, time consuming and expensive.
I'm not convinced people use buses through choice, except my inlaws because their free and they got all the time in the world.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
And we need them to earn a living and there more convenient. Nearest train station from me is 3 miles and buses are uncomfortable, time consuming and expensive.
I'm not convinced people use buses through choice, except my inlaws because their free and they got all the time in the world.

Imagine how good Brighton would be if it was just full of traders needing direct access and people driving out of the city.

Sod the lot who want to drive and park as close to their workplace as they can.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Imagine how good Brighton would be if it was just full of traders needing direct access and people driving out of the city.

Sod the lot who want to drive and park as close to their workplace as they can.

Fair point, i never travel in by car for pleasure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here